Talapia

Options
DeniseGdz
DeniseGdz Posts: 592 Member
Anyone have some healthy talapia receipies??

Replies

• aochoa123
    aochoa123 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Bump!! Would love to know this too.
  • Amandac6772
    Amandac6772 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    I used the top recipe on this link. We have it at least every other week we like it so good. I'm going to try the other three soon.

http://www.ehow.com/how_2325881_cook-tilapia-easy-recipes.html
  • Vicky14174
    Vicky14174 Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    This is really good.

Parmesan Tilapia

Sea Best - 4 oz Individual Tilapia Fillets, 32 oz

Belgioioso - Parmesan Cheese (Hard), 4 oz (28 g), grated

Valu Time - Sweet Cream Butter, 8 Tbsp., softened

Kraft - Miracle Whip Light Salad Dressing, 3 Tbsp

Generic - Fresh Squeezed Lemon Juice, 1 fluid ounce

Tone's - Ground Black Pepper, 1 tsp.

Tone's - Garlic Powder, 2 Tbsp

Mccormick - Basil, Dried, 1 Tbsp

Mccormick's - Celery Salt, 2 tsp

Adams - Onion Powder, 2 Tbsp

INGREDIENTS Mix Parmesan cheese, butter (softened ), miracle whip, fresh lemon juice, dried basil , ground black pepper, onion powder, garlic powder & celery salt together and set aside.

DIRECTIONS Preheat your oven's broiler. Place Tilapia fillets on broiling pan or line pan with aluminum foil. Arrange fillets in a single layer on the prepared pan. Broil a few inches from the heat for 2 to 3 minutes. Flip the fillets over and broil for a couple more minutes. Remove the fillets from the oven and cover them with the Parmesan cheese mixture on the top side. Put back in oven and broil for 2 more minutes or until the topping is browned and fish flakes easily with a fork. Be careful not to overcook the fish.

4 oz servings - 6 servings
  • julwills
    julwills Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Yum I love Tilapia! I usually just saute the filets in a regular pan with a little bit of olive oil, garlic and some seasonings until they're a little bit crispy! I don't like the fish if it's mushy or not cooked all the way. Sometimes I broil it in a pan as well with some parmensan cheese on top. Delish!
  • 30tips
    30tips Posts: 132
    Options
    I like tilapia in lemon vinaigrette, by Giadda Di Laurentiis.... the vinaigrette is made up of 1/4 cup of parsley, olive oil, 1/4 cup of lemon juice, pepper, salt, two cloves of garlic. I'll have to look up how much olive oil.
  • Voncreepy2
    Voncreepy2 Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    little butter or whatever you prefer or just lemon juice and lemon pepper on top make little foil pouches and bake. Yummy and so easy. my whole family loves these.
  • sarahs440
    sarahs440 Posts: 405
    Options
    This is what I eat for lunch EVERY day,....lol

Talapia Filet
    Spinach
    Cauliflower

I sautee the spinach in a little olive oil until it cooks down. I put the talapia filet on a plate, spray it with a little spray butter, add some garlic salt and pepper. Then I break up the cauliflower in to little peices and set it around the filet. I cover the plate with another plate and pop it in the microwave for 2 minutes. Then I put the spinach on top and enjoy!! This is the only fish I would ever reccomend cooking in the microwave...I was very skeptical at first but my sister insisted it tastes great in the microwave. I LOVE this meal!!
  • britia1
    britia1 Posts: 21
    Options
    Fish taco's!

Saute in frying pan with diced onion and finely chopped jalopeno pepper. Sprinkle fish heavily with chipotle chilie powder and a lime squeezed over top.

Cook the taco shelles dry frying pan until slightly crispy.

Stufffing for the tacos:

Mix the sour cream with chipotle chili poweder and chipotle tobasco sauce.

Sprinkle Kraft - 2% Finely Shredded Mexican Four Cheese,

slice Cabbage finely

Diced Raw Onions

chopped Cilantro

squeeze lime over top
  • Dis3cruise
    Dis3cruise Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Vicky...I too make the same recipe it's amazing however I add 1/2 cup of panko Japanese bread crumbs in the butter mix it adds a light crunch without too many extra calories we are actually having it tonight for lent!