HOLY Gardening BATMAN!!

Options
I've been here 2 weeks and am doing really well! I didn't work out today, but I had to ready my garden for fall planting.....I burned 890 calories in an hour and a half according to my HRM! That will be the most rewarding workout yet! Burning calories and getting my organics ready to plant...gotta love it!

:bigsmile:

Replies

• Dkrallfan143
    Options
    I've been here 2 weeks and am doing really well! I didn't work out today, but I had to ready my garden for fall planting.....I burned 890 calories in an hour and a half according to my HRM! That will be the most rewarding workout yet! Burning calories and getting my organics ready to plant...gotta love it!

:bigsmile:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Oh my good food and hard work really pays off, huh?!?!?
  • threedeakgifts
    Options
    I gardened today too and was WAY excited to see how many calories I burned! I think I'll do that more often! Well at least until Winter really hits.
  • DisneyBride13
    Options
    :frown: :frown: :frown:

I really need to get a HRM

Congrats to you!
  • JennyGetsFit
    JennyGetsFit Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Plus all the positive mental aspects of gardening!

Good job!
  • kjllose
    kjllose Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    For a winter workout try snowshoeing! It burns alot of calories. Maybe one day I will be able to get a HRM. They sound great!
  • Dkrallfan143
    Options
    Oh my good food and hard work really pays off, huh?!?!?

I might have to expand my garden..it was so enjoyable and beneficial. When I can put my spinach in my salad...that will be my big payoff!

:tongue:
  • Dkrallfan143
    Options
    I gardened today too and was WAY excited to see how many calories I burned! I think I'll do that more often! Well at least until Winter really hits.

I was shocked really..but in a totally good way! I'm in South Louisiana..we don't have winter here.
  • Dkrallfan143
    Options
    :frown: :frown: :frown:

I really need to get a HRM

Congrats to you!

Thanks! I was underestimating my calories burned without it! Well worth the investment in my opinion.
  • Dkrallfan143
    Options
    Plus all the positive mental aspects of gardening!

Good job!

Thank you! You are right..what a rewarding thing to do.
  • Dkrallfan143
    Options
    For a winter workout try snowshoeing! It burns alot of calories. Maybe one day I will be able to get a HRM. They sound great!

I would love to try it, but we don't get snow in South Louisiana :cry:

They have some really good HRMs that don't cost an arm & a leg! I love mine!
  • kjllose
    kjllose Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    It's fall up here in Vermont and that means my gardens are getting put to bed for the winter. The foliage was terrific this year. I decided to grow lettuce inside this winter so I have a huge planter of it coming up. I can't wait till it's big enough to eat. I am also going to plant some window boxes of spinach too. Too bad I can't do the same with tomatos and cukes:laugh: