hCG diet yay! (: ...or Nay ):

Options
I have experienced success on this diet. I have lost close to 20 pounds! And in the process I am kicking bad habits that cause weight gain and have become conscience of a healthier life style. If anyone has hCG recipes or advice for me (now on the third phase of the diet) or others, you may post them here.
Or maybe you would like to express your distress and be encouraged by others:smile: …it is a hard diet and can be discouraging.

Replies

• standarddancinggirl
    standarddancinggirl Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    i loved this diet-the food was boring but the results made up for it!
  • Guitargirl1992
    Options
    Im kinda new here and am not sure what the hCG diet is. Would you mind explaining? :) thanks
  • standarddancinggirl
    Options
    you take drops or shots and eat a VERY strict diet and it is like 500 calories a day. The HCG make your body pull from fat storage and keeps it from going into starvation mode you drop like a pound a day :)
  • Jjdc
    Jjdc Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I too am on hCG diet. I have dropped 18 pounds in one month. for phase three recipes try hCG1234.com it has recipes and modifies for different phases.

Guitargirl1992- you can look at this site too, or hcgultradiet.com

No I don't work for either site just have found these helpful as a friend found them and lost 38 pounds in 6 weeks.
  • MrsMartin2
    MrsMartin2 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    bump
  • ZachyABaby
    ZachyABaby Posts: 235
    Options
    500 calories? Holy **** dude, that's like one meal. Not even on some days.

Aren't you constantly hungry?
  • fitniknik
    fitniknik Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    Nay :(

did something almost exactly like it once, lost 25 lbs, gained 40 back- not maintainable weightloss
  • standarddancinggirl
    Options

haha not really-you crave things but just like you do on any other diet. I never felt that hungry... *shrug* but i have a hard time eating 1200 calories a day ever nowadays.
  • forever28
    forever28 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I lost 18 lbs my first month on MFP without any drops or shots. I say NAY! And the awesome part is that I ate more than 500 cals a day. More like 1200-1400 cals a day. I simply exercised, journaled my food and watch the weight fall off. I'm down 32 lbs since January this year.
  • CatchMom11
    CatchMom11 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    Basically, the only reason why the HGC Diet works is simply because you're only eating 500 calories a day. It's a very unhealthy way to lose weight. I had contemplated it until I researched it, saw a documentary on it, talked to my doctor, and then talked to my trainer. It's more likely that most, if not all of the weight lost on diets like these will be gained back.

I'm not trying to knock your efforts, just telling you what I learned and what caused me not to do it. Good luck regardless.
  • ZachyABaby
    ZachyABaby Posts: 235
    Options

haha not really-you crave things but just like you do on any other diet. I never felt that hungry... *shrug* but i have a hard time eating 1200 calories a day ever nowadays.

Some of my meals consist of 600+. And this is a very different diet for me.
  • slainger
    slainger Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    That diet sounds interesting. I have still have a lot of weight to lose (to meet my initial goal I sill need to lose 65) , and while I want to lose weight in a way that is sustainable, doing this diet for 60 days as a great boost sounds doable. I will have to give this some thought! Even after meeting my goal weight, I plan on using MFP for maintenance!
  • godroxmysox
    godroxmysox Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    I have heard about this diet and experts are calling it a temporary fix.

As for me, it has not been around long enough for me to trust it.

Good luck in whatever you decide.
  • crystal_sapphire
    crystal_sapphire Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    i don't think there's enough research on this diet to support the hcg as effective. I think the loss is due to being in a ketogenic state due to not intaking as many carbohydrates since 500 cals or less is consumed daily.
  • godroxmysox
    godroxmysox Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    i don't think there's enough research on this diet to support the hcg as effective.

I don't think there's enough research to support it as 'safe' either, but that's just my opinion.
  • CatchMom11
    CatchMom11 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    i don't think there's enough research on this diet to support the hcg as effective.

I don't think there's enough research to support it as 'safe' either, but that's just my opinion.

You're absolutely right. It's really no different than being anorexic to be honest. Coming from someone who has battled with both anorexia and bulemia. It's really no different.
  • Aliasroxy
    Options
    Dito, I have no problems with cravings, the diet has helped me to kick bad habits, eat better and my stomach must have shrunk because I don't need all of the calories any more.
  • paupsers
    paupsers Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    This sounds like nothing more than a temporary fix, as someone else said. It'd be impossible to maintain this for a lifetime, and after the diet your metabolism would probably be so slow that when you went back to eating normal/healthy levels of food, you would gain a large portion, if not all, of the weight back. I say NAY.
  • Aliasroxy
    Options
    Thanks so much for the comments I think it is great to see. I was as doubtful as you on if this diet would work and if it were healthy. I can't deny it worked for me though, I'm the healthiest I have been and I have allot of energy, more than I had before, I thought it was just my age making me tired. This diet woke me up and made me aware of my bad habits and made me change them. The drops are like a suppressant and the stored fat that we have is used instead of what we eat. The 500 calories that I eat are good lean meat, (fish, chicken breast, lean steak) fresh veggies, (- starchy ones) and fruit (apples and strawberries) really just unprocessed foods. I’m into my third phase now and on 1500 calories a day and it is plenty and I am not on the drops anymore. Feeling great looking great! (So my husband says! )
  • Aliasroxy
    Options
    This sounds like nothing more than a temporary fix, as someone else said. It'd be impossible to maintain this for a lifetime, and after the diet your metabolism would probably be so slow that when you went back to eating normal/healthy levels of food, you would gain a large portion, if not all, of the weight back. I say NAY.
    I don't know yet. I hope not.It's worth a try. Maybe the trick is after the diet is over, to try and eat healthier and instead of eating that double portion most restaurant’s serve, box it up and take it home for later, I mean do we really need all of that? Have you seen the calories that you consume at one "normal" meal at any restaurant? It's scary. Keeping active is key too, I was a little too sedentary before... I have to admit. We shall See! (:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!