Never look back...

Options
AJCM
AJCM Posts: 2,169 Member
Hey MFP Friends!

Today I took all the clothes that don't fit me to a consignment shop (and she took all pieces except one pair of jeans - yay!!!). It felt so good to pack up 14's, 12's, and 10's!!! I even sent one pair of 8's that are a touch loose in the waist - they technically fit, but I need to get in the mindset that they won't fit for long! It was less about the money (and I hope to make some cash!) but more about mentally (and physically) cleaning out the closet...

It felt so freeing, and so cathartic - I highly recommend it!
Get rid of your "big" clothes, and never look back!
:flowerforyou:

Replies

• AJCM
    Options
    Hey MFP Friends!

Today I took all the clothes that don't fit me to a consignment shop (and she took all pieces except one pair of jeans - yay!!!). It felt so good to pack up 14's, 12's, and 10's!!! I even sent one pair of 8's that are a touch loose in the waist - they technically fit, but I need to get in the mindset that they won't fit for long! It was less about the money (and I hope to make some cash!) but more about mentally (and physically) cleaning out the closet...

It felt so freeing, and so cathartic - I highly recommend it!
    Get rid of your "big" clothes, and never look back!
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    I did that last month but kept one pair of my old jeans, so when I finally hit my goal, I can get one of those pics taken showing me in my "old me" jeans!
  • Bride092909
    Options
    Way to go ::glasses:

98244.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary
  • alimassa
    alimassa Posts: 275
    Options
    I packed up about 12 pairs of pants a month ago and sent them to Kareninnevada......

So not only did I clean out the closet...I gave her a ton of jeans to wear as she is on the downward move! Then, when she hits her goal, we can both get together and BURN EM! :laugh: :laugh:

If you want to see a pair of my jeans, check out her new display picture....my jeans, her new butt.

LETS CLEAN OUT THOSE CLOSETS PEOPLE!

Ali
  • HappyathomeMN
    HappyathomeMN Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    <

Ali's old jeans, my new butt!!!

size 10 LUCKY's
    who knew it was possible?!!
  • soup78
    soup78 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    Great post! :bigsmile:

The feeling of ridding yourself of the "old you" is quite rewarding, on many different levels.
    Keep on keeping on people! :drinker:
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    Hi

Good for you!
    I posted on this site about my hesitation to get rid of my bigger clothes, but I did it (GULP)

I think it's a great step in the right direction!
    Hope all is well on your end

Kim
  • Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    I know the feeling!! YAY!!

I have a pile in my closet that keeps growing.:wink:

I am blessed with the Disabled American Vets who call my house once a month to see if I have a bag of castoffs ready for them to pick up at my house for their thrift store.:bigsmile:

Then, when I need to replace what I've outgrown, I go to them to RESHOP!!:heart::heart:
  • casey34472
    casey34472 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I took all my clothes and put them in the garage. I'm hoping they stay their. I was a size 11 one or two pairs of 13. I'm so happy I don't have to look at them everyday.:heart:
  • AJCM
    Options
    I packed up about 12 pairs of pants a month ago and sent them to Kareninnevada......

So not only did I clean out the closet...I gave her a ton of jeans to wear as she is on the downward move! Then, when she hits her goal, we can both get together and BURN EM! :laugh: :laugh:

If you want to see a pair of my jeans, check out her new display picture....my jeans, her new butt.

Ali

HOW great is that?!?!?!? I love it Ali, and Karen you look TERRIFIC!!!!
    Are you guys geographically close to be able to send things? I looked into sending some clothes to a MFP in PA and it was soooooo expensive!

Great idea ladies!
  • AJCM
    Options
    I know the feeling!! YAY!!

I have a pile in my closet that keeps growing.:wink:

I am blessed with the Disabled American Vets who call my house once a month to see if I have a bag of castoffs ready for them to pick up at my house for their thrift store.:bigsmile:

Then, when I need to replace what I've outgrown, I go to them to RESHOP!!:heart::heart:

Isn't the new shopping the best part!!!!
  • AJCM
    Options
    Hi

Good for you!
    I posted on this site about my hesitation to get rid of my bigger clothes, but I did it (GULP)

I think it's a great step in the right direction!
    Hope all is well on your end

Kim

Why the hesitation Kim? More babies....????
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    YAY! Good for you. I got rid of all my "fat" clothes a few weeks ago except for one pair of jeans and one shirt. I only kept them so I can see how far I've come when I get to my final goal. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • AJCM
    Options
    YAY! Good for you. I got rid of all my "fat" clothes a few weeks ago except for one pair of jeans and one shirt. I only kept them so I can see how far I've come when I get to my final goal. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Yeah, I should have kept one pair for this reason! I never thought of it! Even just to try them on when I feel I need a little kick in the pants!
    :ohwell: :tongue:
  • alimassa
    Options

Ali

Are you guys geographically close to be able to send things? I looked into sending some clothes to a MFP in PA and it was soooooo expensive!

Great idea ladies!

Actually we are not close in location....I am in South Dakota and she is in Nevada. I sent about 12 items via UPS...slowest delivery I could get....and it was about $28. I figured that was a heck of a lot cheaper then her going out and buying a bunch of new stuff she would shrink out of anyway!
  • timragan
    timragan Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    It is wonderful. I am down 8 pant sizes and 4 shirt sizes. I even have several pairs of shoes that are too big now. I never thought my feet were fat too.

I now have a stack of receipts for the donations to charity. I kept one pair of the size 68 extra fat pants just to remind myself of how far I have come. They aren't really a 68 but they are 60s.

I can buy clothes at regular stores now.

I love it!
  • AJCM
    Options

Ali

Great idea ladies!

Actually we are not close in location....I am in South Dakota and she is in Nevada. I sent about 12 items via UPS...slowest delivery I could get....and it was about $28. I figured that was a heck of a lot cheaper then her going out and buying a bunch of new stuff she would shrink out of anyway!

That was so thoughtful of you! What a nice thing to do!
  • AJCM
    Options
    It is wonderful. I am down 8 pant sizes and 4 shirt sizes. I even have several pairs of shoes that are too big now. I never thought my feet were fat too.

I now have a stack of receipts for the donations to charity. I kept one pair of the size 68 extra fat pants just to remind myself of how far I have come. They aren't really a 68 but they are 60s.

I love it!

WOW! Congrats on doing so well! That's terrific!
  • timragan
    timragan Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Thank you AJCM
  • alimassa
    Options

I love it!

THAT IS FAB!!!!! YOU GO BOY:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: