Getting flirts - feels good!

Options
maserati185
maserati185 Posts: 263 Member
I'm married so, while I didn't return the flirtation, I completely got hit on by not only this cute cashier today, but this YOUNG, cute cashier (early 20s). I'm turning 30 this year and I was out with my two kids! - so I was incredibly flattered. This is not what I'm losing weight for, but man, it felt nice to feel desirable - something that wasn't happening when I was less fit and 20 lbs. heavier.

Replies

• carlybarley22
    carlybarley22 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Good for you! That's some good motivation right there!
  • Ninjitsu
    Ninjitsu Posts: 163
    Options
    Yay! What a wonderful boost in self esteem.

It seems your husband should be flirting with ya though. :)

I find I used to get flirted with a lot when I was married (and out of shape), but now that I'm single and in-shape it never happens.

This world is so strange.
  • jamiesgotagun
    jamiesgotagun Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    NIce!!!!
  • WrenLynn
    WrenLynn Posts: 213
    Options
    I understand how you feel. A couple weeks ago I actually had someone whistle at me as I walked down the street! That was something that hadn't happened to me for probably twenty years. Then last night my husband and I ran into my boss and my boss asked my husband how he liked his "hot" wife. I'm like oh my goodness my boss just called me hot. As my primary love language is words of affirmation my love tank quickly became full!
  • Tamiash
    Tamiash Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    :smile: It's a woman desire to feel beautiful and noticed. I can relate and I'm older :) been married 29 yrs soon. Although my hubby is great on giving praise, it's till nice to think another 'man' notices too.
  • freerange
    freerange Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    Feels good doesn't it. Good thing it wasnt a couple people that have posted threads here like "this is not a dating site" they would have punched the guy. :smile:
  • hpsnickers1
    hpsnickers1 Posts: 2,783 Member
    Options
    Yay! What a wonderful boost in self esteem.

It seems your husband should be flirting with ya though. :)

I find I used to get flirted with a lot when I was married (and out of shape), but now that I'm single and in-shape it never happens.

For some reason there's a lot of women out there that find a wedding ring very, very attractive. I think going after married men has something to do with their insecurities.

I'm 40 and getting looks from 20-somethings. I love it. Not as much as I love my man but I still enjoy it.
  • Pril2000
    Pril2000 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I am experienceing the same sort of thing. I'm just back down to my high school weight and since I'll be 30 next year, I feel pretty awesome about it. I moved to DC about 40 lbs heavier 2 years ago and no one even noticed my existence. I was in a relationship and still am, about to get married next month, so I was never disappointed that no one looked at me... but now that I'm fit and thin again, I've noticed that I get a lot more looks.

I don't really like flirting or cat calls, but a couple of double takes every now and then does wonders for the ole self esteem. Congrats!
  • EricJonrosh
    EricJonrosh Posts: 823 Member
    Options

This is a fact of life. When you're taken, you're "safe" to flirt with. I also noticed when you're fat, you're "safe" to be friends with.
  • Ninjitsu
    Ninjitsu Posts: 163
    Options
    Well I guess I'm not safe anymore.

That's alright though. I don't want to be safe. I'm content being single until the right woman is brave enough to notice me. :)
  • tmdugger
    tmdugger Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    yay I'm glad you got a good kind of flirt...unlike the totally awkward stalking type

I was walking maybe 6 blocks from my church to my local downtown (small sleepy town, very quiet). Dude follows me for 4 blocks calling after me hey whats your name, where you going...ducked into corner liquor store and the owner chased him off.

This has NEVER happened to me. Wasn't overly concerned, was only 8pm with lots of people out and about, but come on guys this is not ok
  • Stefani74
    Stefani74 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Great self-esteem boost!

I had a guy...well a kid...he couldn't have been over 19 or 20 flirt will me at the gas pumps the other day. Here I am 36, have a 14 y/o son, thinking "Do you realize how old I am??" Maybe he just liked my truck?? Anyway it did make me feel good!
  • carrie_lebel
    Options
    Nice, I would be getting groceries a lot if a had somebody flirting with me.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!