Jillian Michaels is my best friend.

CallMeMamaBoo
CallMeMamaBoo Posts: 295
edited September 25 in Success Stories
But more importantly I am my own best friend once again....

My measurements as of this morning.
Chest 40" (was 46")
Waist 37" (was 47")
Hips 39" (was 44")
Thighs 21.5" (was 24.5")
Calves 14.5" (was 16.5")
Neck 14.5" (was 16.5")

I haven't weighed myself yet. I decided I would put the scale away for another week or so.

I've gotten this far by using Jillian Michaels DVDs.
30 Day Shred -30 days with 3 lb weights and half hour of cardio on treadmill or bike.
30 Day Shred- 30 days with 6 week 6 pack every other day and No More Trouble Zones on the other days all with 5 lb weights and an hour of cardio on treadmill or bike.
When I needed something more during the first 60 days I would do JM's Yoga Meltdown or Banish Fat Boost Metabolism as challenges for myself.
Currently doing Ripped in 30 on Level 2 Day 7 using 5 and 8lb weights. I do morning and evening cardio on bike or treadmill for a total of 60-120 minutes of cardio a day. I don't take days off but I do what I call an 'easy day'. I do a small amount of cardio and my DVD workout.

As for eating, I practice calorie cycling by making sure I have low and high days. I range from 1500-2100 calories a day. Most days I workout just so I can eat more. It's working for me. 30 lbs gone since December 26th but 40 lbs down from my heaviest last summer. I take a daily vitamin that supports metabolism and supplement with 2000IUs of Vitamin D and try to maintain at least 3 liters of water a day. I am also breastfeeding my 14 month old who soon will be weaning herself.

Just thought I would share. For those doing Jillian's DVDs, IT WORKS! if you make it work.

Replies

• colombiana444
    colombiana444 Posts: 133 Member
    love her! im gonna go play my dvd my right now and get some butt kicking going.
  • ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Oh wow, that is just awesome! I have the Shred and I tell you within days of starting it I can feel the difference in my strength and not long after do I see a difference. She is my hero!

You look great! Keep up the awesome work.

Side note, you are so fortunate, my baby girl weaned herself at 10 months. She just decided she preferred raw cow's milk to momma. My milk declined and I had to start mixing for the daytime feedings and that was it. But she is happy and healthy:-)
  • DeidreJean
    DeidreJean Posts: 51 Member
    That is awesome!
  • alazarus
    alazarus Posts: 80 Member
    I love this! Great work! JM rocks!

• Side note, you are so fortunate, my baby girl weaned herself at 10 months. She just decided she preferred raw cow's milk to momma. My milk declined and I had to start mixing for the daytime feedings and that was it. But she is happy and healthy:-)

And here I am thinking you are lucky! I've been ready for her to wean herself for 2 months now but she doesn't like cow's milk unless it has a little ovaltine in it and I really hate doing that knowing that it's a bad habit to start but you get desperate when your trying to have a day at the mall without needing to breastfeed every 3 hours. Ya'know? But I'm patiently waiting for her to decide because I know the benefits of breastfeeding. Sigh.
  • hpsnickers1
    hpsnickers1 Posts: 2,783 Member
    But more importantly I am my own best friend once again....

My measurements as of this morning.
    Chest 40" (was 46")
    Waist 37" (was 47")
    Hips 39" (was 44")
    Thighs 21.5" (was 24.5")
    Calves 14.5" (was 16.5")
    Neck 14.5" (was 16.5")

I haven't weighed myself yet. I decided I would put the scale away for another week or so.

I've gotten this far by using Jillian Michaels DVDs.
    30 Day Shred -30 days with 3 lb weights and half hour of cardio on treadmill or bike.
    30 Day Shred- 30 days with 6 week 6 pack every other day and No More Trouble Zones on the other days all with 5 lb weights and an hour of cardio on treadmill or bike.
    When I needed something more during the first 60 days I would do JM's Yoga Meltdown or Banish Fat Boost Metabolism as challenges for myself.
    Currently doing Ripped in 30 on Level 2 Day 7 using 5 and 8lb weights. I do morning and evening cardio on bike or treadmill for a total of 60-120 minutes of cardio a day. I don't take days off but I do what I call an 'easy day'. I do a small amount of cardio and my DVD workout.

As for eating, I practice calorie cycling by making sure I have low and high days. I range from 1500-2100 calories a day. Most days I workout just so I can eat more. It's working for me. 30 lbs gone since December 26th but 40 lbs down from my heaviest last summer. I take a daily vitamin that supports metabolism and supplement with 2000IUs of Vitamin D and try to maintain at least 3 liters of water a day. I am also breastfeeding my 14 month old who soon will be weaning herself.

Just thought I would share. For those doing Jillian's DVDs, IT WORKS! if you make it work.

It's working for you because you are doing it the RIGHT way. Food is fuel and we need it for exercise. CONGRATS!!!
    And lifting, too. That will help you maintain your lean muscle mass since diet and cardio cause muscle mass loss.

One piece of advice: Take a day off and give your body a break once in a while. That's a lot of exercise. You might even see a bigger drop.
  • melissa0001
    melissa0001 Posts: 313 Member
    Awesome success... I finished round 1 of the shred a couple weeks ago. I am not on Day 9 of round 2. I also do 30-60 min additional cardio and have loss 30 lbs since december. Sounds like we are on similar paths!
  • pj_writer
    pj_writer Posts: 107 Member
    that's awesome, well done!!
    :drinker:
  • Thats awesome!! Go you! I'll definitely be sticking to Jillian Michaels after reading this.
  • breakingthecycle
    breakingthecycle Posts: 225 Member
    Thanks for posting this! I need daily inspiration/motivation to continue!
  • awesome!!
  • ccranedj67
    ccranedj67 Posts: 5 Member
    wow that is awesome to know you are doing this while breast feeding. i will let my daughter in law know.
  • shannonshock13
    shannonshock13 Posts: 355 Member
    Wow!!! Great job!!!
  • lvnspoonful
    lvnspoonful Posts: 391 Member
    Awesome job!!! I ordered both of those dvd's and as soon as I can start exercising again (hopefully in 2 weeks) I plan on starting both of them! It's been about 9 months since I have exercised (thank you high risk pregnancy) so I know I am out of shape! I am in the military and I have 5 months after having my baby to get back into weight standards and pass the physical fitness test (running 1.5 miles in less that 15 minutes and doing as many pushups and situps as I can in 2 minutes). If I dont pass the weight then I fail the whole thing automatically. If you fail 3 or more in 4 years then the Navy can kick you out. I currently have 20 lbs to lose to be considered "in standards". Its gonna be tough! But hopefully the dvd's and the awesome support from my family and you guys on here I can do it!!!
  • shreddingit
    shreddingit Posts: 1,133 Member
    yup i know...great for you!
  • carmelasergi
    carmelasergi Posts: 163 Member
    GREAT JOB!! You give me motivation and the desire to persevere. Thanks for sharing your success!
This discussion has been closed.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!