How can i boost my metabolism?

Options
hey MFP friends i am in this stage where im determined to lose weight as in like im willing to do whatever it takes to los the 20 pounds i have gained in the last 2 years or so. I was wondering what are some great waysi can boost my metabolism what foods do i need to eat to make it happen or what advice can you give to help me out. Any and all help would be great thanks you and please add i am always looking for support on my journey and i would love to support you as well=)

Replies

• clw_888
    clw_888 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    The best thing I know for boosting metabolism is strength training. Since it builds muscle and muscle burns more calories than fat I believe it is the most effective way. Good luck! I am looking forward to hearing others information on this too! :)
  • kmfrisqu
    kmfrisqu Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Start doing some weight training. The more muscle you have the more calories you will burn.
  • craek
    craek Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Definitely strenght training. It is key in boosting metabolism and losing weight!
  • jaded42
    jaded42 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    You also need to eat more often in order to boost metabolism..3 small meals and 2 snacks between will help...I notice when I eat more often..I lose weight quicker than when I eat just 3 meals a day..even if I keep the meals small..the snacks in between help boost metabolism...just make sure they are healthy snacks(fruit..veggies..etc)
  • armygurl92
    Options
    thank you guys you helped me alot i know what i need to do now to see amazing results=)