Replies

• smilebhappy
    smilebhappy Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    bump
  • coog81855
    coog81855 Posts: 35
    Options
    I have had the maple glazed chicken at Red Lobster before and it is very good. I would ask for the sauce on the side though, for you to control the amount you want on your chicken. I love potatoes so I always get a baked potato with butter on the side. Some time I just cut it up and eat it with a little ketchup and or bbq sauce. It's yummy that way!!!! Of course steamed veggies w/o butter and a nice side salad with dressing on the side. Salad dressing has neer been a problem for me though becuse I have never eaten it! I just don't like dressings period! IT's a celebration dinner enjoy it and don't be stressing over each little calorie.....do the best you can to make your food as healthy as possible but still enjoy yourself! Leave the bisicuits alone though...they are good but to me not worth the amount of calories you have to give up for them!!! Those biscuit calories could be better spent on your meal!!! That is just my opinion!!!!:noway: Enjoy yourself, eat as healthy as possible without denying yourself some of the pleasures in life!!!!
  • qtpiesmom
    qtpiesmom Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    Wood-Grilled Peppercorn Sirloin 280 Cals
    Steamed Broccoli 45 Cals
    Wild Rice Pilaf 180 Cals
    Salad 90 cals

Hand-Tossed Caesar Salad with Wood-Grilled Chicken 670

Cajun Chicken Linguini Alfredo- Half Portion 630 could ask for sauce on the side and control that too and add a salad to this as well

Maple-Glazed Chicken (Available only during dinner) 570 and veggies and salad to this too
  • dobergfell
    Options
    Stick with the fish. Get it broiled or blackened. Skip the chedder bay biscuits and order a side salad and steamed veggies.

I agree, going with fish is usually a healthier choice. Another option: Crab, shrimp, and lobster are all healthy (believe it or not) if they are prepared right. Eat them steamed or boiled WITHOUT BUTTER!

...and definitely stay away from the Shrimp Scampi.
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    I will not eat seafood...lol!

I understand people are trying to be helpful but some people are not reading. The topic creator stated they don't eat seafood!
  • HDurow1018
    HDurow1018 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Wood-Grilled Peppercorn Sirloin 280 Cals
    Steamed Broccoli 45 Cals
    Wild Rice Pilaf 180 Cals
    Salad 90 cals

Hand-Tossed Caesar Salad with Wood-Grilled Chicken 670

Cajun Chicken Linguini Alfredo- Half Portion 630 could ask for sauce on the side and control that too and add a salad to this as well

Maple-Glazed Chicken (Available only during dinner) 570 and veggies and salad to this too

Thank you :happy:
  • HDurow1018
    HDurow1018 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I will not eat seafood...lol!

I understand people are trying to be helpful but some people are not reading. The topic creator stated they don't eat seafood!

Thanks! I know fish is healthy but I just don't like it :-P I have tried it several times and I just won't make myself eat it.
  • KelliH729
    KelliH729 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    A little late on this but I actually went to Red Lobster yesterday and had the BEST fire grilled salmon. The menu does have a list of the items that are deemed (low fat) and it was a great resourse. I was proud of myself...the waitress brought me my water and said that that the bread was going to be a few minutes...I told her to not bring the bread...if it wasn't there, there was no danger in being tempted with it! Then I also had my salad dressing on the side. I actually think salad tastes better when I dip it in the dressing vs when the dressing is already on the salad.
  • qtpiesmom
    qtpiesmom Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    So what did you end up having?
  • khrys1
    khrys1 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I LOVE the maple glazed chicken, and I just ask for the maple glaze on the side. Strangely, I also like the popcorn shrimp, and they have surpisingly low calories, at least for the lunch portion.... You could see if there's a meal you like and ask for the lunch portion. And my faves are the biscuits- 160 cal/each, so I try to limit myself to 2. Good luck!
  • blessed9993
    blessed9993 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    If I can remember right, they do have a chicken salad which is grilled. You might try that. Good luck.
  • woja9640
    woja9640 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I usually only eat half the serving of the dinner and save the rest for another meal. Also, stick to one serving of the biscuits.

I am going to red lobster tomorrow to belatedly celebrate my bday and am going to have the Ultimate Feast. I figured out if I only eat half the meal, have the salad, and one biscuit then I will keep everything pretty low.