LADIES...help

Options
ugghh so my monthly friend is coming to town and I am having the usual salt and sweets .

And I allllwaaaayyys cave into those cravings!

What kind of things do any of you out there eat to fill those cravings or do?? Cuz i dont wanna be bad!!

Replies

• staciekins
    staciekins Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Actually, if you like dark chocolate, buy a bar, and break off a piece throughout the day and suck on it. It helps your metabolism as well as the cramps and cravings. :)
  • skinnyme125
    skinnyme125 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    nuts and fruit. just get the lightly salted nuts. and make sure to drink LOTS of water.
  • missy1970eb
    missy1970eb Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    this is my 1st month since starting and ive not felt the need 2 snack, this month,:smile: possibly cause of all the water im drinking
  • bonnienm
    bonnienm Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Jello sugar free pudding for the sweets would be low cal (70-80 cals), 100 calorie snacks but limited to only 1 or 2 for the day. As for salty, something low fat/low cal in moderation.
  • ellumi
    ellumi Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I keep a supply of kosher dill pickles in the 'fridge for the salty cravings and a stock of Baskin and Robbins sugar free 'cookies and cream' hard candies in my desk!
  • RoniDoll
    RoniDoll Posts: 262
    Options
    Greek yogurt and honey!
  • usmcdaffy
    usmcdaffy Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Since I have been on here logging my food. I have restrained a lot more. I started to notice how much more I could eat if I ate the right things. I also make sure that I workout each day I am supposed to because I know if I slip up I did burn extra calories. I see you lost 40 lbs so you are probably doing some right! WOOT!! Another trick is to eat a mini (snack size) of a treat so you get a bit that should satisfy you. there are so many awesome tips from everyone!
  • jenhenning219
    jenhenning219 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    quaker oats chocolate crunch rice cakes are yummy and satisfying
  • Akaratel
    Akaratel Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I like Jello temptations dark chocolate mousse. It is 60 calories, but it is very sweet. I am a salt fanatic, and i do like pita chips and hummous. I think it is salty ;) Drink lots of water also!!! for sure.

Also a lady on weight watchers told me that eating a chocolate rice cake with peanut butter on top tastes just like desert! I haven't tried it, but an idea.
  • Heather0611
    Heather0611 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    TOM is tough...and I get the cravings too! I like Healthy Choice Premium Fudge Bars, they are only 100 calories and have 5 grams of fiber. I take it off the stick and put in a bowl so I feel like I'm eathing chocolate ice cream. For salty, because I'm a chip person, I like Sun Chips French Onion Chips and Honey Toasted Wheatables, both have a lot of fiber too! I used to try having just one Mini Reece's cup, but one wasn't enough! :laugh:
  • carlybarley22
    carlybarley22 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    A cup of fruit loops is 110 calories. And 2 cups of full fat slathered in butter popcorn is only about 90 calories. They help satiate cravings.
  • msproducer
    msproducer Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Usually on the first day or 2, I have chocolate cravings. I may buy a snickers bar and I'm satisfied. I try not to go overboard.

Sharon
  • nicolevillarreal
    Options
    I agree with the Jell-o brand stuff... They have a lot of 100 cal snack packs out there and then buy some fat free redi whip and it's like having a sundae
  • STEGosaurus145
    Options
    Fiber one bars. Full of salty, chocolately goodness. :D Yummy. They are my weakness.
  • SaraTonin
    SaraTonin Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I find if I work out (obviously not on the worst first day, but I can manage a light workout on the other days), my body rewards me with a fairly normal hormone level. Worth a shot!

And water. Lots, and lots, and lots, and then some more just for good measure.
  • hpsnickers1
    hpsnickers1 Posts: 2,783 Member
    Options
    I usually just give in a little. It helps. I eat more carbs before TOM. It hasn't hindered my weight loss any because once I start all cravings go out the window. And I get back on track.

I would prefer to eat a little of the real thing rather than a lot of the fake thing. (Give me a small slice of cake over some sugar free or fat free cookies any day!)

I really hate exercising during it, though. It helps with the cramps but I just feel gross.
  • qtpiesmom
    qtpiesmom Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    cucumber slices with vinegar and salt and pepper

black bean brownies
  • steffmd25
    steffmd25 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    You could slightly give into your cravings, just try to stay into realistic portions. (Keep count of the calories while you're craving, even if you know you're going to go over)
  • jdsloot
    jdsloot Posts: 10
    Options
    awesome snack is the sugar free tropical ice pops, love them :)
  • ccaym
    ccaym Posts: 86
    Options
    I eat a mix of dark chocolate chips, lightly salted nuts, raisins, and cheerios...keeping the chips and nuts down to a tablespoon each. It makes a couple of servings and just a little bit satisfies my PMS cravings.