Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

I love that I have control over my weight loss!

I think about this so much, and especially this past week. It's Spring break, we weren't planning to do much, tho we had hoped to go to the beach for the weekend but it's not happening. However I was looking forward to just being able to relax, and have a great week working out and eating right. It turned out to be one of the most stressful weeks I have had in a long time! One night this week I was so stressed, and so upset with my reaction to the stress, that I just said to heck with it, and ate one of those self punishing meals. I ended up pulling through it okay. I haven't quit drinking the caffeine that I was planning on quitting, with not having to work I could deal with the headaches and all. But I keep reminding myself, that with all the things in my life that I do not have control over,( nothing gives you the feeling of not having control more than having your child's safety threatened) I DO have control over my weight loss. I am the only person in control of it. I can choose to eat the right things, and get the right amount of work out in, I even choose how hard I'm going to work out. Reminding myself of this has given me motivation to keep going, in spite of all the stress. I have worked out my hardest this week, and have burned my most calories so far, and have had plenty to eat and made up for the couple of nights I blew it. I don't weigh myself till Mondays, so I don't know where I am with that, but I feel really good. I got myself turned around quickly, took control over my situation as best I could since I can't do much about the stress, and got myself refocused and back to eating within my calorie limit, and working out.

I know a lot of people struggle with not feeling like they have control over anything in their lives, but they do. Taking care of their bodies is definitely the one thing they have absolute control over. This is what I try and tell those whom I love, that appear to be sabotaging themselves and their lives. Losing the weight we want, and being in great shape is absolutely DOABLE.

Replies

• paul87920
    paul87920 Posts: 165 Member
    Wonderful post. I'm also glad you realize that slipping isn't the end all. I was able to identify that as a problem in my past. I'd slip, it would be over. As for the stress I'm all about positive reactions. I get upset and want that meal, and this self-sabotages my pocketbook only a smidgen (I recover lol), but I go and buy myself clothes. Just remember, if you have time for that meal, you have time for a massage, getting your hair did, getting your nails done.
  • jkestens63
    jkestens63 Posts: 1,164 Member
    bump
  • ShellyMacchi
    ShellyMacchi Posts: 975 Member
    soooooo true.. every word!
    such an empowering realization *S*
  • waverly9876
    waverly9876 Posts: 605 Member
    so true!
  • Gimommy
    Gimommy Posts: 2