Thigh slimming exercises??

Options
Hey everyone! Looking for suggestions on Thigh Slimming exercises. I am at the gym every other day (sometimes every day) and I do a lot of lifting, running, jogging, walking, stationary bike, stair stepper etc.. and I am looking for new exercises to help slim my thighs and tone them. If you have any suggestions I would greatly appreciate it!!

Replies

• steffmd25
    steffmd25 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Does your gym have an abductor/adductor machine. Not sure of the specific name, but you sit down either pushing your legs in or pushing them out. Great for thighs!
  • rljohnson11
    Options
    Me too! Thanks for posting this!
  • missy1970eb
    missy1970eb Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    hill walking:smile:
  • carcar03
    carcar03 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Squats, lunges and spin classes have been wonderful for me!!
  • PrincessLacey
    Options
    Jillian Micheal's 30 Day Shred has made a improvement in my thunder thighs ;D
  • Nomomush
    Nomomush Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    Spin classes have really helped me slim down my legs.

Also, pilates moves really helps target those inner thighs and outer butt cheeks that gets little attention from usual squats and lunges.

Good luck. Hope this helps.
  • katapple
    katapple Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    Running, weighted (25lb each hand) lunges, squats and deadlifts have reshaped my entire lower half. Good luck!
  • AlisonMacKay
    Options
    I would love the know too. Thanks for all the information. Can't wait to get rid of these "thunder thighs" :-)
  • Heather0611
    Heather0611 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Does your gym have an abductor/adductor machine. Not sure of the specific name, but you sit down either pushing your legs in or pushing them out. Great for thighs!

Love those machines! My trainer calls them the the "naughty twins" :laugh:
  • xtal614
    xtal614 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    thank you!!! I used to use the abductor,adductor machine.. What ever it is called. Thanks for all the input!!!
  • princess_in_power
    princess_in_power Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    (tagging)

And adding any stretching you can do! Yoga, Pilates, etc When muscles are longer, they are leaner! =)
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I've tried many exercises over the years. Three things have slimmed my thunder thighs more than all the others: running, stair stepper (machine, not step aerobics) and Zumba.
  • princess_in_power
    princess_in_power Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! Looking for suggestions on Thigh Slimming exercises. I am at the gym every other day (sometimes every day) and I do a lot of lifting, running, jogging, walking, stationary bike, stair stepper etc.. and I am looking for new exercises to help slim my thighs and tone them. If you have any suggestions I would greatly appreciate it!!

Since you already walk, one other thing I do is focus on stretching my stride as far as I can, that really helps slim them down!
  • fridayjustleft04
    fridayjustleft04 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    Plie squats, regular squats, lunges. The Biggest Loser Workout 2 has an entire "ladies" section which specifically targets hips, butt and thighs. You can find it really cheap on Amazon.
  • swanny320
    swanny320 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I was always a fan of the abductor/adductor machines until I read an article in a fitness magazine that said they're pointless as they don't actually simulate a muscle movement you do. The only time You'd do that move is if you were in your car and spread your legs. Instead, it suggested reverse lunges and things of that sort. I am not articulating this as well as the article did but when I read it, it made sense.

I think the suggesting about spinning makes sense. Spinning really works your quads and hammies so it only makes sense that it would really trim up your legs. Afterall, Lance Armstrong has a nice set! lol