Wanna be workout buddies?

Options
So, I've totally lost my motivation and direction. Again. It is clear to me that I cannot do this on my own -- I need an external force pushing me. I know there are others out there like this... so, I was wondering, would you like to push me if I push you back? :)

I just want someone (or more than one?) to remind me to work out and that I shouldn't give up, blah blah blah. I'll do the same back. It can be as simple as messaging each other once a day going, "Hey, how's it going? Have you worked out? If not, get up & do it right now."

Thanks guys. ♥

Replies

• AggieCass09
    AggieCass09 Posts: 1,867 Member
    Options
    ya lets be buddies. I have slacked off on mine since spring break and need some support as well. I start my work out schedule on monday and posted my planned work outs on my blog. Let me know what your schedule is and i'll keep you accountable!
  • omgsayalathieo
    Options
    I'm in!! If you promise to nag me until I workout I promise to nag you back :laugh:
  • PrincessLacey
    Options
    sure i'll help out!
  • crebbe
    crebbe Posts: 18
    Options
    I'll be a buddy! I am a poor logger but can committ to a support system encouraging people!
  • KaleighL
    KaleighL Posts: 159
    Options
    I need a nagging work out buddy! I work better under pressure!
  • amercado3101
    Options
    I need the same thing! I've been losing motivation lately and would still like to lose weight by may! I will push you if you push me too.
  • harls
    harls Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I am utterly overwhelmed by all of the responses and friend requests! I'm typing up a mass starter PM right now to send all of you & get to know you/your goals & vice versa, so keep a look out for it :)

Thank you all so much, I really didn't think this many people cared.
  • MrsRazor7
    MrsRazor7 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I want in! I was doing great, but then life got in the way and I haven't been doing much any more....I think some encouragement would really help :)
  • j_zanzig
    j_zanzig Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Same here, I do well for a few weeks then I stop. I def. need someone to push me!
  • harls
    Options
    Just added you guys & sent the starter PM! Now I'm responsible for 14 people & have 14 to motivate me back! :)
  • ontheskinnyroad
    ontheskinnyroad Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    me too! I know it's late but I just finished working out about 30 minutes ago!:smile:
  • flab2fab88
    Options
    i want in to! i really need it!
  • harls
    Options
    No problem, added both of you to my lists & sent the mass PM!
  • Mochi915
    Mochi915 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Add me too! We can cheer each other on!
  • liveskinnyxo
    liveskinnyxo Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    ahh exactly what i'm looking for, i need motivation to get out of this slump! i'd love to be a nagging....i mean supportive workout buddy. hahah (: seriously anything to help keep myself accountable & not feel like the only person that has to pay attention to what they're eating.
  • bcweisen
    bcweisen Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Anybody in Utah? I could use a physical (as opposed to on-line) workout buddy as well. But I'd love some extra support any way I can get it.

Any opinions on 24 hour Fitness vs Gold's for gym memberships? I'm just working out at home and with videos right now.
  • liveskinnyxo
    liveskinnyxo Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    &by the way i deff have the "stick with your buddy" mantra stuck in my head now..hahahaha cant remember what movie it's from?
  • jonjon143
    jonjon143 Posts: 75
    Options
    Frustrated trying to find a reliable workout partner? Check out WannaBuddy.com. The site is specifically designed to match up people who share a passion for an active lifestyle. Plus, there are thousands of parks and trails in a location-aware database for running/hiking and exploring. A great way to find a new workout buddy.
  • tamanella
    tamanella Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me too if you'd like! I can use all the encouragement I can get and I love to help others out too!
  • harls
    Options
    I've added you guys, too! Now I have 21 people to motivate as well as get motivated by... phew! I better not fail with this many people nagging me :)