The chocholate is calling my name!!!!!

Options
I really want to stick to my diet but my mom just bought a bag of 88 minature reeces pieces chocholate candy cups and I'm basically dying inside to have a handful.

I hate temptation.
I need to stay strong..

Replies

• fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    Bleurgh. Yuck. Chocolate is disgusting. Keep thinking that. Give them away or something.
  • Melis25Fit
    Melis25Fit Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Chocolate is better in the bag then another roll on your tummy or pudge on your thigh.... (That helps me)
  • melissa0001
    melissa0001 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    kill the craving by having one.....one is about 45 calories!
  • foxxybrown
    foxxybrown Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Have one..or two. Just don't eat the whole bag.
  • mikeyrp
    mikeyrp Posts: 1,616 Member
    Options
    Set aside (x) of them - log them now: you can eat them any time today - but only the ones you put aside. One or two wont kill you!
  • JennDoesKeto
    JennDoesKeto Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    have one...dont deprive if you do you may binge..
  • deannarey13
    deannarey13 Posts: 452
    Options
    I would tend to say, give in and have one but that doesn't work for me. Once I have had a taste- I can't stop at just one.

Stay strong, it's just not worth it.
  • krisvtx8777
    krisvtx8777 Posts: 163
    Options
    If you eat a few.. then dump them down the disposal...problem solved.
  • mikeyrp
    mikeyrp Posts: 1,616 Member
    Options
    If you eat a few.. then dump them down the disposal...problem solved.

Thats what we (my wife and I) do with gift chocolates - set aside a couple each and ditch the rest.

Its great dieting with your partner!
  • krisvtx8777
    krisvtx8777 Posts: 163
    Options
    mikeyrp-Dieting with someone is GREAT portion control! You know theres always someone to eat half :happy:
  • rolandgig
    rolandgig Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    My technique is to plan on having one at a set time several hours later. If it is 10am, I would say I can have one at 2pm. Then at 2pm I decide weather to eat it or have it at say 4pm. At 4pm I may decide to wait until evening. All the while I have not deprived myself, and I limited it to one for the day. In the evening I may decide to eat it as a reward if I am still within my calorie and nutrition goal for the day.

Enjoy one, but only if you decide to have it after much contemplation. Smart planning will not lead to guilty feelings afterword.
  • chrissyv1024
    chrissyv1024 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    i love chocolate too!! There is an oatmeal brand called Three Sisters that makes a dark chocolate oatmeal. It doesn't taste like dark chocolate at all just regular chocolate. I eat it in the AM and usually helps my choco fix. You can also get a 90 cal fiber one bar in the choco flavor.. they also have peanut butter if you are into that (i'm allergic!) .. hope these suggestions can help your choco cravings!
  • breannatrevs
    Options
    thanks alot for the support
  • andsjhunni2
    Options
    the evil one - the devil wants for us to be unhappy as we are children of God. He loves to tempt us in so many different ways. He has tempted me and Jesus himself was tempted even though he surpassed it. talk to the Lord when your tempted and see how wonderfully it helps : ) this is what I do. God is real and out there!
  • daniran
    daniran Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Yes! You need to stay strong!!! They're not really calling your name.... (You've changed it!) When tempted, imagine yourself as you want to be - this will add motivation to back away from the candy. You've worked hard to get to this point also, don't let the candy get in your way! Another trick - imagine the most god awful thing you could possibly put in your mouth (something to gag on) when imagine those peanut butter cups tasting like it. If you're anything like me, you can't just have one. So for go the whole thing.