How often does everyone weigh and then change their ticker

Options
Hi Everyone,

I was just wondering, does everyone weight themselves everyday. I get a little obsessive with the weighing. I do it a couple times a day and I know that is not good. Also, do you wait a week and then change your weight ticker or do you do it every day you weigh yourself.

Sandy

100608.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Replies

• tsg177
    tsg177 Posts: 10
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

I was just wondering, does everyone weight themselves everyday. I get a little obsessive with the weighing. I do it a couple times a day and I know that is not good. Also, do you wait a week and then change your weight ticker or do you do it every day you weigh yourself.

Sandy

100608.png
  • neha_duvvuri
    neha_duvvuri Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Best time to weigh is after morning rituals and before bathing. I too do it everyday, but its bound to vary coz of water weight changes. I think, weight should be checked-in for the ticker once a week. But its upto you. I guess, people here weigh in on Sundays or Wednesdays.
  • sbacon1203
    sbacon1203 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Once a week (as hard as it can be) is the best in my opinion because of the fluctuation daily :noway: It can cause undo stress weighing daily :smile:

Wishing you much success :drinker:
  • Renae_Nae
    Renae_Nae Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    I do it about every day to keep me in the mindset of "watching my weight" I've very quick to jump off the bandwagon and since I haven't been doing this long it hasn't become a habit or a complete lifestyle change yet. I don't change my ticker though until I've lost at least a pound for at least three days. Then if my weight goes up (and I wasn't completely bad) I know it's just water weight and it will be gone in a couple of days.
  • Losing_It
    Losing_It Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    I weigh-in on Wednesday mornings. Well, sometimes I peek 2-3 other days a week.:laugh:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I do NOT change my ticker until I have lost a pound. If you get on and have gained a pound it will be gone in a day or two in my experience. This would drive me nuts...adding...subtracting....

So I do weigh daily out of curiosity, but only log my weight when the number goes down. ( of course I am sticking strictly to 1200 cals a day and eating exercise cals on those days, so I know I am going to lose:wink: )

My thought on this is: If you hit 146 that is the weight of your body. Period. IF your numbers change it is due to water retention or waste in your system, either way it will remove itself and is not FAT.

If I see my weight go up by 2 lbs I check my log and lo and behold I ate chinese 2 days before and sodium was 3000 for the day.

If I could give on piece of advise to a new person I would tell ya to weigh 1 x week . The scale is the devil:devil: sometimes. I have seen ppl go on binges on this site due to the numer on the scale.

Good Luck and Welcome!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    I do it every day, but you'll figure out what is best for you. Weighing myself everyday (in the morning after rituals like neha said) and then posting it on here makes me a feel more accountable for myself. If I see that my weight is going up, I can analyze & see if it something I'm doing or water weight.

BUT, do what is comfortable for you. If you start weighing yourself every day & see that it is too stressful, try every other day, or once a week, etc... You'll figure out what you're most comfortable with. :smile:

sara
  • Mahlia
    Mahlia Posts: 190
    Options
    Like most of the others, I weigh myself everyday. If I didn't know what I weighed every day (even if most is just water weight, etc.) I'd go crazy. :embarassed: It makes me feel more determined to reach my goal, lol.
  • roswanso
    Options
    i have found i get too obsessed with my weigh when i do it everyday, so only get weight when i see my doctor, once a month. some may think that it is too long.,but i feel that if i follow the program i know i am losing weight and it is nice to see how much i have lost when i do get weight. that's my thought on it.
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

Sandy

100608.png

I have the same problem thinking I need to weigh 3 times a day - bad idea. Your weight will fluctuate and in the evening be several pounds higher than in the morning. I now am weighing about every other day and 1 hour after I am awake (before meals and water) Seems to be more consistent that way. My ticker changes itself when I "check in" as I weigh I check in.
  • renae5
    renae5 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    well, I am new here but I, too, weigh myself everyday - but I only post it and change my ticker once a week. In Feb. I was 232 pounds and got down to 186 on my own - then stayed there for what seems like forever. Then I joined you guys this week to get off all the rest and I have already lost 3 pounds!! I am so excited. I know that weighing myself so often is more than a little crazy but as long as we know if the scales varies a little from day to day that it is perfectly normal! It is beat toweigh weekly or bi-weekly at the most so as not to let the SCALE:noway: rule our lives - but hey, I'm a little neurotic any way. I chose to have 3 kids!! Ha! Best of luck to us ALL!!!!!
  • tsg177
    tsg177 Posts: 10
    Options
    Thank you everyone. It is nice to know I am not the only person who weighs herself a couple of times a day. I will try only to weigh myself once a day if not every other day so I don't stree myself out and when I go to WW on Sunday's I will HOPEFULLY change my ticker. That will be an incentive. It would be nice to have a number instead of a 0 on lbs. lost on my ticker.

Thanks again for everyone's comments.

Sandy

Have a great day!! :smile:

100608.png
  • réalta
    réalta Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    i think im a little obsessed with the scales, i step on every day to see where i am :blushing:

my husband always seems to walk in the room when i am on the scales and i hear 'stop weighing yourself every day!' he is right and only trying to help, cuz when the scales isnt good, i get upset :sad:

i usually update my ticker when i have maintained the weight loss for a day, so i know i have lost weight, sounds a little silly i suppose :blushing: