Any Couch to 5k users???

Options
I started the program yesterday and want to know if it's okay to do the treadmill or even the elliptical between days when your not running. Or are you just suppose to stick to the program only and do cardio on those three days a week. Sorry if that's confusing!

Replies

• dlynn08
    dlynn08 Posts: 57
    Options
    I exercise on my non-running days...

Just take a break from running on those in-between days.
  • SarahR1984
    SarahR1984 Posts: 212
    Options
    bump, I'm thinking about trying this too :)
  • ygrad2001
    ygrad2001 Posts: 230
    Options
    I just started also and I just added it to my normal routine. I do zumba 6 days a week.
  • BrentGetsFit
    BrentGetsFit Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    I alternate cardio and lifting days and do C25k on my lifting days.
  • aaronbyard
    Options
    I only do non-running things on off days. I think it's important to let those muscles rest, and running on a treadmill doesn't allow that. I'm not sure about the elliptical. I'd try to find something else to do, because it's simulated running and uses the muscles in the same way. Just my 2 cents.
  • noms30
    noms30 Posts: 4
    Options
    I got to week 7 of the couch to 5K and then put my back out :( I'm taking a rest from it now, but as soon as i'm fixed, i'll start again. The beauty of this programme is that i don't have to start again, i can just take it back to a pace i'm comfortable with, and start from there.

great programme for new runners or those who haven't exercised for a while.

Noms
  • ygrad2001
    ygrad2001 Posts: 230
    Options
    I have done 3 days so far. It is still cold here so I have been doing it on the treadmill. It has been a challenge that is for sure. I think I am going to stick with the 1st week for another week and then see if I am ready to move on. I walk at 3.5 and run at 6 and would like to be able to do it with out getting winded.