NSV - My first Triathlon

Options
Well, This is my first post. I write it out of the happyness and exhaustion that fills my body right now. A few months ago (october 2010), I decided that I had to change my life and that I couldn't keep on being a couch potato. This implied changing a large part of my lifestyle. So, for starters I began the c25k program, I could barely finish w1d1, but I decided to keep working out. On decembar 24 I finished the program and began the b210k.

As time went by, I began to feel really proud of myself, of the way that I was commited and of effort I was putting into every run. To continue my journey I bought a hybrid bike to use it as corsstrainer and commuter. Fortunately, this was followed by the first time I saw the nbc special about the the IronMan. It left me mesmerized!!! I thought that it was one of the greatest achievements a person could have in his life, thus becoming an IronMan is now part of my life checklist.

As a result, I was really motivated to keep on running, at the same time I began to take cycling and swimming more seriously and integrated larger training sessions including mixtures of the three sports. Today after only 6 months of getting up from the couch. I did a simulation of the olympic triathlon: 0.93 mi swim, 24.8 mi of cycling and 6.2 mi of running. I almost die during the last mile of the running part, but as soon as I completed the distance I felt like Chriss McCormack himself. I raised my arms and felt like it was one of the biggest achievements of my life, I simply couldn't believe it.

I just wanted to share this moment of my life with you :D

I may not be an IronMan yet, but trust me, I will get there.

Replies

• velix
    velix Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Congratulations - that is a feat to be very very proud of!
    Great on you!!
  • missy1970eb
    missy1970eb Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    thats a fantastic achievement, well done:drinker:
  • motoxmom1
    motoxmom1 Posts: 85
    Options
    WooHoo! You should be very proud of yourself! All of your hard work is paying off! I have already started doing local 5k's. My first "official" long ride is a fundraising event set for April 16th, 15 miles. All of this working up to my first Sprint Tri on May 7th!
  • bubbaduts
    bubbaduts Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    That is incredible! I can't swim or i'd love to try a triathlon i'm doing my first half marathon in june :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!