Are you PARCHED in the middle of the night??

Options
Hey all you fellow MFPers.

I am staying at 8 - 9 glasses of water per day since starting MFP earlier this month.
I get up once a night to go to the restroom and check on the kids.
I find I am so thirsty at this time !! (usually between 2:00-3:00am)
I drink a whole water bottle ( over 16 fl. oz ) like it is the last water on Earth and then am able to go back to bed and fall right back asleep.
Is this ok?
Is this normal?
Anyone else get thirsty in the middle of the night?
Do you think I should drink even MORE during the day?
:flowerforyou:

Replies

• mallorybriann
    mallorybriann Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    You say you are staying at 8 to 9 glasses?
    Why not just drink some more during the day?
  • Redheadedsunshine
    Redheadedsunshine Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Nope, you're not alone. I do that often. Although, it's usually for a glass of milk. I get so parched for a glass of milk, drink it and then I go back to sleep. Maybe I need more calcium? :-P I don't think it's a bad thing especially since you are getting your water dosage in during the day.
  • alison2429
    alison2429 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Hi
    You might wanna get this checked out at the doctors. Do you have a lot of salt during the day? I only wake up thirsty when I have had an Indian takeaway with poppadoms!!

Let us know how you get on.

Take care.

Alison

xx
  • MeaganAnn84
    Options
    I drink water at night also! I don't wake up every night, but if I do, I drink a half a glass of water usually. I always have a glass on my nightstand!
  • mandykasase
    mandykasase Posts: 110
    Options
    i keep a 500ml bottle on the bedstand which i drink at night, always have done. I thought everyone was like that. Even my husband does it. i think of it as a good thing as we sweat when we are sleeping so we get thirsty and replenish.
  • ProudMomoftwo
    Options
    Good to know I am not the ONLY one!
    Thanks all!
    I will try and increase my 8-9 glasses of water to 10 and see if that helps.
    I do not take in much salt (usually below the daily requirement).
    I have stopped salting my food all together.
    I have also started keeping this water bottle beside my bed.
    I sometimes need a glass of milk too but usually the water is closer at hand...
  • Teebowen
    Teebowen Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I am the same way... try for 8-12 during the day but it seems the more I drink the more I want to drink.... so often at night I down a bottle as well
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    I don't know about at night, per se, but when I wake up in the morning I am parched and I have 2 cups of water during or slightly after breakfast. I typically drink a minimum of 9 cups per day, and this week I have gotten as high as 13 cups per day. But I wake up thirsty every morning.

I am working on my sodium levels. Sometimes they are high, sometimes they are low, but taken as an average over the course of a week I am usually right at my goal of 2500 or under per day.
  • ProudMomoftwo
    Options
    Thanks Tee!!!
    Good to know I am not the only one.
    I will bump it up a little more during the day and see if that helps.
    A month ago I wasn't getting in 3 cups / day and now I am staying at 8-9 consistently.
    I will try for closer to 10 or even 11 now.