Wife is making me do this

Options
Hey everyone. My wife is trying to make a better lifestyle for the both of us. And because she joined, now I have to. I am not complaining, simply stating that my wife wears the pants in this relationship lol. Looking for new friends to help motivate my lazy butt. I sit at a computer all day long and the only workout I actually get is chasing our 2 kids. I would do more physical activity like picking up the foam nerf darts I shoot at the kids, but that is why we have kids right??

Looking for friends on here to show my wife I am interested in this site. I really am gonna try this out. She will make all the meals and pack them away in the fridge for me. So portions will be controlled by her. The only part I have to do on my own is get to the gym. Hopefully with a little motivation it will be easier to do.

Replies

• AmberLiscous
    AmberLiscous Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    you should thank your wife for getting you started on this journey...you will love this site....add me if you would like :smile:
  • LeonaBlack
    Options
    Your wife is a smart woman :-) Welcome and best wishes!
  • Hannahrenee86
    Options
    You can do this. All it takes is putting one foot in front of the other. We are very supportive and You can do it!
  • kookla33
    kookla33 Posts: 234
    Options
    Thats really cool that your wife is supporting you. You will see that the benefits you gain will get you hooked on living a better lifestyle though, and you'll end really believing in it for yourself! Good luck and don't give up!
  • emmascott
    emmascott Posts: 249
    Options
    LOL, you wife sounds fab!!! lol
  • justsummie
    justsummie Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    LOL. I made my husband do this and now he is addicted. Welcome.
  • lajuice24
    lajuice24 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Smart lady! Sounds like she has your best intrest at heart! There are lots of cool, supportive people here. Good luck to you and her! Add me as friend if you like
  • anakinlover
    anakinlover Posts: 109
    Options
    Your wife is pointing you in the right direction! MFP is incredible, and the community is so positive and encouraging...Good luck to you. Feel free to add me if you like. :smile:
  • Adsnwfld
    Adsnwfld Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    It will take some will power, just log everything you eat and workout or not if you are under your calorie goal you will lose weight.
    More than happy to be your friend, I'm just not sure how to initiate that.
  • cnjbarry
    cnjbarry Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    LOL, you wife sounds fab!!! lol
    Agreed:wink:
  • Nanadena
    Nanadena Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    :heart: Ah, she loves you very much! You are one lucky man:flowerforyou:
  • cosmo30
    cosmo30 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    cheers to you and your wife
  • daveanthony
    Options
    It's hard to do when someone else makes you do it. It needs to come from your own heart. But I will say that I started working out 5 times a week in mid January as well as watching what I eat. I feel great - better than I've felt in a very long time. I have strength and energy and I've lost 18 pounds so far. So if you want anything from somebody like me, I'd say get off your &%# and do it, and see how you feel. You might like it!:smile:
  • RyonsLions2
    RyonsLions2 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!! You guys will be great!! Friend me if you want!! Tell her to friend me too!! :flowerforyou: and here's one for your wife! :flowerforyou:
  • xtal614
    xtal614 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I am awesome arent I! A wife who cares about his well being. We both need this wether we want to admit it or not! So get your butt to the gym or your drinking water for dinner :) Love ya babes!
  • zeeeb
    zeeeb Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    go for it! i hope you can get the motivation you need from here. I don't calorie count like crazy, as many people do on here, but i find simply the weighing in and seeing results and having to report them on here makes me alot more accountable than ever before. I've been sitting on my 44 pounds (20kg) of baby weight making exuses for 4 and half years, and this site has helped me greatly. I've lost half of it in 3 months and determined to beat it before the end of the year!

Get your head in the right place and the food needs to follow, the rest, hopefully should just follow your lead.
  • tamiller93
    tamiller93 Posts: 195
    Options
    Welcome! I could only hope my husband would do this with me. I'm not holding my breath!
  • nicole00lynn
    Options
    Welcome! I could only hope my husband would do this with me. I'm not holding my breath!

same, im frying fish for my boyfriend tonight, ill bake mine lol.
  • Nvanac
    Nvanac Posts: 33
    Options
    Ha ha ha I know you really love me now and I'm really your fav sister in law for telling chrystal about this site. Welcome
  • TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on doing something your wife wants you to do. It took me several years before I really learned that lesson. Ted's Law of Dealing with the Female of the Species: You can't win, but you do have to play, and the rules will change to suit the game. The sooner a man can accept this fact/his fate, the better off he will be.
    I'm new here too, but of my own accord. This is a great site, if you aren't careful, you may pick up some good habits that'll keep you above ground for a good long while. Good luck with your goals, feel free to add me.
    Ted/TDGee