Crepes

Options
darling_nickie
darling_nickie Posts: 117 Member
I made these this morning for breakfast...this recipe made 5 which was perfect for us (two for the hubby, 1 for each kid, and 1 for me) Double it up for a larger family breakfast :D

1/2 cup all-purpose or whole wheat flour (have used both, both come out great!)
3/4 cup of 2% milk (or whatever you prefer! the calories for this are using 2%)
2 eggs
1 1/2 tbsp melted butter
about 1/2 TBSP of brown sugar
pinch of salt

Blend all ingredients in a blender until smooth and then let sit at room temperature for about 10 minutes. While batter is sitting heat a round skillet over medium heat. Lightly coat with cooking spray or butter.
Using 1/3 cup measuring cup pour in a portion of the batter into skillet and swirl around until bottom of pan is evenly coated. I didn't actually time but the crepe should be golden on the bottom in a minute give or take a few seconds...flip and cook other side until golden (second side usually takes less time).
Calories per crepe= 121
This morning we had them with World Market Vanilla Hazelnut spread (1 TBSP) and 1/2 a banana on the inside sliced thin. Total calories for crepe with fillings= approx 280 but so YUM!
For a little less calories these are also great served with a squeeze of lemon and a drizzle of honey!

Replies

• susioryan
    Options
    bump
  • TBirdGirl
    TBirdGirl Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Bump :smile:
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    I ADORE crepes. Thank you for posting.
  • reander
    reander Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Sounds delish. Bumping for later :)
  • loveshinesthru
    Options
    bumping for later.
  • blondie3_04
    blondie3_04 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    bump
  • heniko
    heniko Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    you could make these healthier by using egg whites instead of whole eggs, stevia or date sugar instead of the sugar, vut butter out totally since its really not needed. and use club soda instead of milk. makes for a nicer crepe. this is what we do here in France.
  • Lori07
    Lori07 Posts: 136
    Options
    I will try it.
  • mara232
    mara232 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I'd reduce the milk by 1/2 cup and use club soda for the rest - that is how I make them. I would totally skip the sugar and butter, add vanilla for a nice low cal taste.