New and need friends for accountability and motivation

Options
My boyfriend and I joined myfitnesspal because I need to lose weight, and he needs to gain weight. But doing this ourselves is hard. I realize that we need other dedicated people's encouragement and support to keep going. Please tell us how we can keep motivated, and to not lose sight of the end goal. :)

We have been doing P90X (we stopped after the 3rd week), and now trying to get back on track.
We have also been going to the gym (he is more consistent that I am).
On weekends, we play tennis and run on the beach.

I would appreciate more encouragement and advice.
Thank you!

Replies

• missbeezy
    missbeezy Posts: 198
    Options
    First you need to remember the reason why you want to lose/gain weight. Set up some reasons of how you will feel better and how your life will change positively. Then make sure you support each other and no matter what don't give up!!! Even if a week is bad and you dont gain/lose just promise yourself you will keep trying and keep focused on your goals. You can send me a request if you want, I would love to help motivate you all on your journey!
  • daniran
    daniran Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I'm definitely ready to motivate! Although, realistically speaking, I've only been on the site the last three days (joined in 11/2010). Anyway, there are some wonderful people just like you - in search of motivation and whose lifestyles may mirror yours. I know, because I'm meeting them. I wish you the best of luck. You may add me as a friend if you like.
  • oreyna49
    oreyna49 Posts: 152
    Options
    This site is the perfect place to find that motivation and support to help you along your journey. Set a realistic goal and just go for it!!!! Good Luck in your journey.........
  • canadianchickie
    Options
    I am in the same boat - just joined yesterday & feel that with the accurate food journal, as well as the community it will help me to regain control in getting fit - keep my accountable and motivated.

So, welcome & good luck.

Add me if you like as a friend!

CC:smile: