The Eat Clean Diet

Options
Does anyone follow this diet? I just bought Tosca Reno's new book, stripped. I have been trying to eat clean for a week now, i am finding it a little difficult but i am commited to making this change in my diet. I would appreciate any feedback from anyone that eats clean. How do you stick to it when theres a social outing, family get together where your friends and family dont eat the same things you do? Im going out to dinner this weekend and also have a all-inclusive trip in 2 weeks but i really want to try my best to eat clean. I'd appreciate any advice you can give me!

Replies

• SheliaN1960
    SheliaN1960 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Hi JC! My boss and her husband are triathletes and they did it about a month ago. We work in food service so grant it that any diet is tough for us. Anyway, some things she brought to work and some things she used that we have. She had two smoothies a day, and one home cooked meal. These were made with avocado or spinach and she used unsweetened almond milk and coconut juice, or apple juice to sweeten them with. I did it the slow way. My first month I cut out all wheat, flour and sugar. This was so tough for me and the first two weeks I barely made it (or thought that I would) I still do not eat wheat or flour but I sometimes have boughts with sugar. Hence the last two weeks. Anyway, She did great and she weighs only about 100 pounds and she lost 5 in the first four days. About a week into it she said she felt like a million bucks. Her complextion and hair seem to shine. She still does not drink much soda but she said that she is not feeling as great these days for she is training for a marathon and she has to eat alot of calories. I wish you the best on this and keep me informed with what you think. Ok? Best wishes! Shelia
  • NoExcuseTina
    NoExcuseTina Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    I would be interested in know how this is different from the Paleo diet or the Primal Blueprint...if anyone has knowledge to share
  • missdana2011
    Options
    Hi there...I have Tosca Reno's Eat Clean Cookbook and her Best Body Now. The diet ( or lifestyle ) is all about eating natural foods, whole grains, fruits and vegetables, good fats ;etc.. I believe the Stripped book is supposed to be the one after the original Eat Clean book and I think its supposed to be an even LEANER diet plan...........the original book is lean enough in my opinion..lol

I personally find some of the recipes..although very healthy, are a little bland for me. Im a foodie and I need FLAVOUR! Tosca Reno however, is someone to be admired. She started getting healthy at 40 and she looks amazing. That woman has iron discipline thats for sure.

Sticking to it would be tough but I guess its all about your determination right? Thats why we're all here. When you are out at social events you just need to be able to modify what you are eating or just turn down things and have other options.

I really enjoyed the Best Body Now book by her, as it covers everything about looking and feeling good. She has sections on food of course..but also on exercise, your state of mind and positive thinking as well as beauty tips for every age. Its sort of a well rounded "makeover" book based on healthy living..

Definitely a healthy life plan to follow ( if you can stick to it ) and I hear people get great results from it. Give it your full effort for the next two weeks and see what happens.
  • ppassine1
    Options
    JC,

I am currently working on the Paleo Diet....Im not sure about the Eat Clean one, but if you are still eating grains you are definately NOT eating clean.....Check out "The Paleo Solution" by Robb Wolfe. It is a great read and gives a lot of awsome info with science to back it up...Also has a 30 day meal plan/Challenge. Check it out man its an eye opener
  • ericzintx
    ericzintx Posts: 32
    Options
    Eat something before going or on the way. That way even if you get hungry while out, you won't be ravenous and can be more picky about your options. That's what I would do.