Skipping Rope!

Options
Needing advice on what sort of skipping rope to buy! There seems to be so many different ones: ones that count how many calories you burn, ones that count jumps, just plain ones, all made from a million different materials. Does it really make much of a difference? I don't want to shell out more than I have to on one.

Replies

• anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    I personally have heavy leather ones that will punish you if you double jump wrong. Then I took up Muay Thai since I killed my shins from failing at jumping rope.
  • 1horsetown
    1horsetown Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I bought a 'beaded' roped from a co, on eBay. It's similar to the ones I used on the playground at school years back. I like the weight. The ones that are just rope are too inconsistent. I think I paid $18 for mine including shipping. Had a hard time justifying all the electronics on the fancy ones.

Jumping rope is a great calorie burn.

1horsetown
  • Maztastic
    Maztastic Posts: 43
    Options
    I'd buy the cheapest one you can find and try it for a month. You'll then know how much you enjoy skipping and whether you want to continue. If you want to continue you'll also know what you want from a skipping rope that your current one doesn't offer. Also, in the unlikely event that you decide skipping is not for you then you've not wasted too much money.
  • OR_nurse
    OR_nurse Posts: 3
    Options
    I bought one from Lululemon. It's made from plastic and has cork handles. It's nice and lightweight but it is a little short, I would recommend it for women 5' 5" and shorter