Over my sugar!

Options
Is it bad for me to go far over my sugar goal even if its just from fruit and natural foods like that? I usually only go over by a little but tonight I went over like 130 something.

Replies

• DianaPowerUp
    DianaPowerUp Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    That happens to almost everyone on a daily basis. If you eat one banana, you've eaten half the daily sugar allotment! And it doesn't discriminate from natural sugars found in fruit, to added sugars in processed foods. As long as that sugar is coming from natural foods, and not added in, you're probably ok. If you have TONS of excess sugar, from eating twinkies and Snickers bars, that's another thing.
  • amberaz
    amberaz Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I am over my sugar every day because of fruit and dairy products. I don't worry about it and try to eat as little as possible of added/processed sugars. IMO, eating fruit is a lot different than eating cookies :happy:
  • SDLester
    SDLester Posts: 24
    Options
    Keeping sugar at or below the target goal is very hard, since most processed foods have sugar. What I try to do is control it as much as I can but if I have my overall net calories below my target I normally do not worry a lot about it. (Especially if most my sugar is from fruits) Hope this helps ;) ** Anyone wanting to view my daily food please feel free send me a friend request...I allow all friends to view my food diary
  • ashleighlvschris
    Options
    No twinkies or snickers here! Junk food actually makes me sick, which I see as a good thing. I do wish they had a different category for the good sugars and the bad though.