Getting rid of rolls

Options
Does anyone have a good suggestion for getting rid of back rolls? Do I just need to continue with diet and exercise? I told myself my main goal was to get rid of them. I've almost lost 30lbs and they are still quite present.
Thanks for your time
-KZ

Replies

• Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    Yeah, just diet and exercise. You can't spot reduce from anywhere, but you can reduce from everywhere including where you want to reduce by eating a well balanced diet that creates a calorie deficit and by doing an exercise program that incorporates both cardio and strength/resistance training.
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    Oh, and this is a good little analogy that one of my friends told me one time about reducing certain areas faster (or slower) than others.

Think of a city that has a lake near it. It rains over that city one day, and then the sun comes out during the "heat of the day." Water is evaporating from everywhere that the sun's rays are hitting, even if we don't see it right away. Meaning, that lake is evaporating at the same rate as the puddles caused by the rain. The puddles disappear faster because they were smaller to begin with, but that doesn't mean that the water off the top of the lake isn't evaporating, because it is.

Same goes for body fat. We notice that things like our fingers, collarbones, and faces seem to lose body fat a lot faster than the waistline and thighs, for example. But thinking of the lake and puddles, the fingers, collarbones, and faces have much much less body fat than the waistline and thighs do. So even though you are losing body fat from everywhere all at once, it just seems to show up better in those places where you were already carrying less body fat to begin with.

So stick with it and you will see your "rolls" going down!
  • cnjbarry
    cnjbarry Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Oh, and this is a good little analogy that one of my friends told me one time about reducing certain areas faster (or slower) than others.

Think of a city that has a lake near it. It rains over that city one day, and then the sun comes out during the "heat of the day." Water is evaporating from everywhere that the sun's rays are hitting, even if we don't see it right away. Meaning, that lake is evaporating at the same rate as the puddles caused by the rain. The puddles disappear faster because they were smaller to begin with, but that doesn't mean that the water off the top of the lake isn't evaporating, because it is.

Same goes for body fat. We notice that things like our fingers, collarbones, and faces seem to lose body fat a lot faster than the waistline and thighs, for example. But thinking of the lake and puddles, the fingers, collarbones, and faces have much much less body fat than the waistline and thighs do. So even though you are losing body fat from everywhere all at once, it just seems to show up better in those places where you were already carrying less body fat to begin with.

well put!!
  • LadyT02182011
    Options

I absolutely LOVE that analogy! Thanks for sharing! ~ smile
  • woja9640
    woja9640 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I agree with everyone about just sticking with it.

I have had some bad rolld myself. But when I do the rowing machine, I throw crunches into it to help strengthen my core. I also do crunches to the each side. While I still have a little bit the rolls, they aren't as prominent as they were before.

Walking has helped as well. Try looking up online or asking a trainer what you can do to help tone your back. Just remember not to neglect the other areas as well. If you want a stronger core you need to do exercises for both your front and back.
  • Martha_VH
    Martha_VH Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Rowing is great for toning the back. You can just do a rowing motion with your arms, but it will really help if you do rowing with a resistance band or a 3-5 pound hand weight.