stuck

Options
Can anyone give me tips on how to get things moving again. I am eating a little less calories, drink 8 - 10 cups water daily but I have only lost 1 lb. over the past month. I know execise might help but is there anything else I should be doing?

Replies

• tremmons
    Options
    Can anyone give me tips on how to get things moving again. I am eating a little less calories, drink 8 - 10 cups water daily but I have only lost 1 lb. over the past month. I know execise might help but is there anything else I should be doing?
  • julieofthewolves
    julieofthewolves Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Are you exercising at all?
  • mrsjo79
    mrsjo79 Posts: 123
    Options
    You might want to check your salt intake too.
  • tremmons
    Options
    Very little. I have been going to an Herbal Diet Center since mid August and have already lost 44 lbs. with 13 more to go. They told me I don't have to exercise that the supplement I take helps for me not to loose muscle mass. I really don't like to exercise and get very little
  • tremmons
    Options
    I am not a salt eater and read all my labels for the sodium content. I guess I will have to exercise and see if it helps.
  • julieofthewolves
    Options
    Well, I think you have an answer whether you like to exercise or not. I can't ever say I like too myself, but it's good for me to do so. And so I do!:wink:

If you have been receiving guidance from a Diet Center and it has been working for you up till now i would ask them.

Otherwise all I can offer is that moving your body kicks up your metabolism!
  • Lavendersunday
    Lavendersunday Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    If you want to be truly successful long term and not a flash in the pan...find some kind of exercise you enjoy and can do every week. Sorry if it is not what you may want to hear but it is the truth. Even walking will help kick start your metabolism but you MUST move to keep it off long term. Try something new...you would be surprised you might just find a new interest.

Namaste :flowerforyou:
  • tremmons
    Options
    Well I went out in the garage and dusted off the treadmill. Did 20 minutes. Not to bad. Actually felt good that I did something. I know exercise is the way to go - hope I stick to it. Thanx
  • julieofthewolves
    Options
    Yeah you!!!! That's awesome that you got the ole treadmill back in action!!! Congrats aned way to go:flowerforyou:
  • bla115
    bla115 Posts: 206
    Options
    Well I went out in the garage and dusted off the treadmill. Did 20 minutes. Not to bad. Actually felt good that I did something. I know exercise is the way to go - hope I stick to it. Thanx

Way to go! The good thing is that the 20 minutes you just did amps up your metabolism and the benefits actually last up to 24 hours!!!