Fruits

Options
I love to eat all kinds of fruits. People are telling me I need to cut down because they have too much sugar.
Does anyone know what the right amount of fruit should be consumed?
Thanks,

Replies

• b_alanna
    b_alanna Posts: 15
    Options
    2 to 4 servings of fruit. so i suggest going to myfoodpyrimid.org and checking out what is considered a serving size
  • bjshields
    bjshields Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Doesn't this kind of stuff drive you nuts?! :grumble: UGH -- fruits do have a natural sugar in them, BUT -- they also have high fiber, high water content, and all kinds of great nutritional stuff that nature put in there that man cannot recreate in a pill. They are the absolute best "candy" to have any day of the week! :smile:
  • missy1970eb
    missy1970eb Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    ive had strawberrys 2day and they were quite low:smile:
  • MakingAChoice
    MakingAChoice Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    If sugar is the only reason 'people' are telling you to cut back then they are wrong, simple as that. The fiber in fruit makes the sugar in fruit no get absorbed by the body much. It takes much more effort for the body to break down the fiber to get the sugar from fruit. Someone saying fruit contains sugar and you should not eat it are lacking knowledge and need to research it. I eat about 4-5 servings of fruit a day and have never had a problem with it spiking my blood sugar. Refined sugars are what need to be avoided.
  • mariasfitness
    Options
    Thanks for the information! I love this site.