HEEELLLLPPPP ME PLZ!!!!!

Options
Ok so ive been absent for awhile d/t more than your usual everyday stressors, but Im back and need help. I was at my best wt 2-2010 115lbs, looked and felt great up until when i joined MFP when my wt began climbing and said OK i CANNOT let this get outta control and now IM 131lbs(yikes). I love JM and her DVDs with her i was able to go from 153 to 115lbs in abt a yr and was exercising enough to maintain my wt until I got careless and fell off the wagon (booo), sooo I got back on the wagon and was doing fair, then the @ work decided to train for our first 5K in which im not a runner even @ gunpoint but i said WTH so I stopped my fitness routine and just started doing the C25K thinking that would be enough exercise for me(WRONG but hey im use to being wrong, LOL). Ok so now Im soo lost and frustrated I cant find what will give me the balance of wt loss + toning. My current routine in MWF its c25k and JM 6w6pk and T, Th its 15min on eliptical(im just starting dancing with this devil machine and absolutely HATE IT) and JM 30DS and on Sat I alt JM NMTZ, BFBM. When it comes to eating imma grazer and fast oxidizer(new to me still learning abt this) graze on fresh fruit and vegetables. I just know i feel sooo overwhelmed, frustrated and depressed that all my hard wrk is goin down the drain. I can tell my butt and thighs are more toned which is good to an extent, I just dont want to be all bulky. My thing is I measure success by scale # and abt to throw the freakin scales out the dang door. Im desperate and know this is a HUGE post but like I said Im desperate for support and motivation.

Replies

• khrys1
    khrys1 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as a friend- I've had my ups and downs and am now hopefully on my way down for the last time!!!! Good luck to you!
  • beckajw
    beckajw Posts: 1,738 Member
    Options
    Hey, you sound like me. In 2003 I went from 137 to 127 and felt great about myself. Then went up to 152. I even back out at 135-137 mostly. Last March I was 143. I lost down to 119 and loved it! I felt good and looked good (at least in my mind). I'm only five feet tall, so every extra pound can be seen on me. Now I'm at 134 and a bit depressed about it. I worked so hard to get to 119 and can't stand that I let myself gain weight back.

So far on MFP, I've found a lot of motivation. At 1200 calories I'm set to lose .7 pounds per week. So, it's not fast, but I'm not starving, so that's nice.

What I had to do was just stop everything. I stopped working out and worrying about calories for a week, it gave me the motivation to get back on track (yes, even while gaining weight I was constantly thinking about calories).

You can do this. We can do this together.
  • bettertracie
    bettertracie Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Well the reality of the situation is, running makes your butt, hips, thighs, and calves bigger... And it sounds like you're currently pretty lean, so the muscle is going to continue to build... GOOD LUCK
  • sofabolousx3
    Options
    i'm with you too! i'm just joined this site today and i need lots of motivation also. i've slowly but surely been gaining weight and it's hard to lose. this is not good. we can help encourage and support each other :)
  • oneiljen
    oneiljen Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    So many of us have ups and downs. But it sounds like you need to make a solid commitment to yourself. Loosing weight is all about calories in vs calories out! Everything in moderation. I suggest you vary your activity. It seems like you might get bored and change things and then get discouraged and stop. I mix it all up and have lost almost 20 lbs. I dont feel bored or ever ask myself do I really want to workout. For me I strength train 2 days a week, kickbox 2 days, take an anger management work out class 1 day, and run the others (just 3-5 miles) I usually have a day off and there are a few days I actually have 2 workouts.

The rest is all watching my calories here on MFP. Find your good calorie goal and stick to it. Even if you are ashamed of that Reese's Peanut Butter Egg that you ate for breakfast. Record that 170 calories. Then the next day you will know you have to to have oatmeal with blueberries! Its all holding yourself accountable to the person that is most importan...and that is you.

Good luck to you!
  • whodatgrl
    whodatgrl Posts: 111
    Options
    i totally get what you said and is true, im a very rigid and routine kinda person, I think some well alot of my hang up is that i want and need a routine like i do this on this day for this amt of time etc. I soo wanna be a free spirited person but im not :( any suggestion's to help out with this Im open to any an all help because in the end bottom line i wanna be a better healthier person/mommie/wife :)
  • whodatgrl
    Options
    yeah, ive got to learn and commit to counting calories, i just hate counting and weighing cause you know sometimes i make casseroles and then im like now what abt cal, etc
  • whodatgrl
    Options
    MFP is really an awesome site and heck yeah we WILL support and motivate each other
  • whodatgrl
    Options
    I really want to stress that plz nobody take my reply to post as "yeah i wanna lose wt but i dont wanna make any changes etc to do it" this is sooo not it nor am i making excuses Im pointing out my weakness and areas that i feel is a speed bump in my journey; I just really wanted to clarify this guys and gals