I can't stop p**ing!!!

Options
carcar03
carcar03 Posts: 23 Member
Even though I couldn’t be paid to drink water growing up, I've learned to love it in my adult years, especially through my weight loss journey. I completely understand the function and importance of water in our diets but I hate that it’s making me use the washroom so often!! (Too often!!!)

Over the past week I've probably been going 2-3 times an hour – maybe even more! I’m constantly going at night, which has become terribly inconvenient as it is killing my sleep. I usually drink 8-10 cups a day, maybe more on a workout day, and I have stopped drinking fluids after 6pm.

Having to use the washroom 8-10 times a day is disrupting my work, sleep and other activities. I would like some helpful advice, is there anything I can do to make this end?

Replies

• katschi
    katschi Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    When I first upped my water intake, this was happening to me as well.
    It's really slowed down now that my body has adjusted to the increase.
    Just give it time.
  • AnnaChristian85
    Options
    Same thing happened to me, I couldn't sleep through the night at all, it was so annoying! I guess my body adapted, it's not an issue anymore.
  • emaybe
    emaybe Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    You'll adjust... but if it's persisting for an abnormally long period of time, you may have a UTI. A visit to the doc could be in order.
  • might4
    might4 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I experienced that as well and my body seemed to regulate the new water intake and now I can drink for several hours without having to go. You body will adjust...just stay with it!