Making Mini Goals?

Options
Hey! So I'm new to MFP, and I was just wondering how people decide their mini goals, and how to make them so that they are achievable?
I need something a little closer than the year I gave myself to reach my goal weight... any suggestions?

Replies

• NyteMirage
    NyteMirage Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Try every 10 to 15 pounds and set up little rewards for yourself to help you want to reach them. I started at 216.8 lbs... my first mini goal is to be under 200 and once I accomplish that I'm going to go get a pedicure! *smiles*.
  • tsgaddy
    tsgaddy Posts: 96 Member
    Options
  • kimcat73
    kimcat73 Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    I choose not to set up mini goals because it's too disappointing if I don't make it. I don't want anything to derail me so I just do my thing and lose as I lose:) Good luck to you though!
  • katschi
    katschi Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    I choose not to set up mini goals because it's too disappointing if I don't make it. I don't want anything to derail me so I just do my thing and lose as I lose:) Good luck to you though!

Me too.
    Every day I decide to do my best and the weight will come off when it comes off.
    I don't feel any pressure this way and I can just relax.
    My new attitude incorporates patience ... something I never acquired in previous attempts and a trait I feel is key in winning this thing.

Best of luck to you!
  • amber_hanners
    amber_hanners Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    my first mini goal was to fit into a certain pair of jeans once i reached that i got to buy a new pair: ) next goal is 199 and once i get there im getting a new haircut havent set the goals any further yet tho
  • rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options
    i set mini goals but not really with timelines. my first goal was to get back to my pre-pregnancy weight - i got there! next goal is 220 ( my weight when i met my husband). its a big jump, but when i get there we're gonna have a little party. i may even wear the outfit i met hubby in ;o
    my goal after that is under 200 - and the next will be 180. thats my goal weight for now
  • CelticWarrior
    Options
    I buy a pair of jeans 1 size to small and work on fitting into them :tongue: depending how you look at it, can be like a prize for getting to the goal or a waste of money lol
  • sarahlr3
    sarahlr3 Posts: 1
    Options
    Buying smaller jeans is a great idea, I'm just about ready to get a smaller size again it's a great feeling! Bet u had to buy alot of jeans tho uv done really well congrats!
  • BrandNewMia
    BrandNewMia Posts: 461
    Options
    I picked meaningful dates for my mini goals. Like my first mini goal was for my birthday, my next is a friend's wedding, then July 4th, then my wedding anniversary (that is as far as I have thought ahead). I choose a weight that is realistically acheivable based on my weekly weight loss goal - I want to lose 2 pounds a week (for now), so for the wedding in 6 weeks my goal is to lose 12pounds.

But also - I'm not wrapping myself around these goals and I have promised myself to not be upset with myself if I don't reach them. I'll adjust the target weight accordingly as I move forward.
  • steffilily
    steffilily Posts: 149
    Options
    I made myself MANY mini goals because that's how I stay motiviated. I have something for every 5 pounds I lose, and I also "pay" myself 1 dollar a day that I stay on MFP's goal so that when I earn enough bucks I can treat myself to a pedicure.
  • kimcat73
    kimcat73 Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    I made myself MANY mini goals because that's how I stay motiviated. I have something for every 5 pounds I lose, and I also "pay" myself 1 dollar a day that I stay on MFP's goal so that when I earn enough bucks I can treat myself to a pedicure.

I like the idea of paying yourself for staying on MFP::)
  • JEWEL1963
    Options
    I have dinner out with my best friend one Friday night a month. If I maintain my MFP for the month. I get a sinfully out of this world piece of no flour triple choclate expresso cake at our favorite resturant for dessert this is my reward. Think about that special treat is enough to keep my track and happy till the next month.