need sweets!!!!!

Options
i am always craving sweets, esp at work, and esp chocolate. what can i do to suppress my constant sweet tooth???

Replies

• bostongirl987
    bostongirl987 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    i am always craving sweets, esp at work, and esp chocolate. what can i do to suppress my constant sweet tooth???
  • dantell13
    Options
    Sugar free fudgesicle. That's the only thing that works for me. Its sweet, refreshing. low carbs, low calorie and it dosnt taste like splenda or another sugar substitute.
  • neha_duvvuri
    neha_duvvuri Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Dark Chocolate..... Healthy version. Still watch your portion.
    Or mints???? dunno, if that'll help. It'll keep your mouth busy
  • Losing_It
    Losing_It Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    My sweet fix is Fiber One Oats & Chocolate or Jello Sugar free Pudding.:flowerforyou:
  • mccdl34
    mccdl34 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I've found cinnamon graham crackers help when I have a craving. They are still 130 calories per serving, but that's better than a candy bar. I also chew a lot of gum. It keeps my mouth busy and it helps some with the sweet craving.
  • monica5237
    Options

Drink lots of water that will keep you from beinghungry and you will not think of that sweet tooth.

I made some "ice cream sandwiches" for today Fat free grahm crackers and Sugar free cool whip they taste just like ice cream not all the calories
    Options
    I feel for you in that area. I use to be really bad with chocolate, I still can be if it is about 1-1/2 weeks before AF is suppose to show up. How I have handled the major craving is through different foods (other than chocolate) fresh fruits-grapes, necterines, oranges, ect as long as they are sweet. I have also found great success with the yoplait low fat yogurt, like the strawberry shortcake, boston cream pie, apple turn over, ect...they are only 100-110 calories per container(per serving) and what I have found out is that it actually tastes just like what it says on the container. Also there are some sugar free candies that are made for diabetics that are better for you if you actually need that chocolate fix. They are sold at Walmart in the gum/candy isle
  • denisebee
    denisebee Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I love Luna bars- They make a mini that is 80 cals and 4 grams of protein, it's high in folic acid and a good source of calcuim. Caramel Nut Brownie is my favorite flavor.
  • Jackie_W
    Jackie_W Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    Plain Bournville chocolate helped me overcome my sweet tooth.
    Also, sugar free chewing gum - that'll kep your mouth busy, or bread sticks to occupy your fingers.
    I used to have mints, but found that they actually do more harm than good to your tooth enamel - my dentist told me to have mints in moderation after that - shame, I love mints - oh well, that's life.
    Could always try taking a box of ready prepared salad or fruit - celery, cucumber, grapes, apple...
    Good luck :flowerforyou:
  • clewliss
    clewliss Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Get you some hershey kisses, take ONE and put it in your mouth and let it MELT! Works everytime for me! Goes well with a glass of water!
  • Mahlia
    Mahlia Posts: 190
    Options
    I need to know, too. I just found myself eating four or five winegums after a really good day of hardly-any-snacking!! :frown:
  • Katy009
    Katy009 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Raisins....a handful usually is sufficient.