What would you do?

Options
I'm 5'8" and currently 133.5. My goal weight was 125 because that's what I was 10 years ago in my pic with hubby in black swimsuits in my profile and I think I looked nice. Well now I'm pretty happy at 133.5 which i am in my profile pic. I have come to realize that I wont be able to get as tight looking as I was then because of my c section 5 yrs ago, but for the first time in a long time I'm happy with how I look. Hubby is whining that I'm losing too much. So I'm thinking of changing my goal weight to 133 and then just try to maintain. What do you all think? Or do you think I should go ahead and try for 125 and see what happens since it was my original goal?

Replies

• bachooka
    bachooka Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    If you feel like you want to try more, try more... but maybe set your calories to maintain and just use your exercise as extra burn??
  • crazytxmom
    crazytxmom Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Your goal was a number you choose at the beginning of your journey. If you're happy where you are then stop. You're at a healthy weight/BMI. The difference of 10 years plus kids changes your body in many ways.

You look great! Do what makes you happiest.
  • tammyquinnlmt
    tammyquinnlmt Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I think you look pretty amazing...so it just depends on how happy you feel about your body. its your body, and you have to live in it!
  • bethvandenberg
    bethvandenberg Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    change your goal weight and call it good. :)
  • qtpiesmom
    qtpiesmom Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    10 years ago, a lot of time has past, with age we all change our bodies arent the same even if we were the same weight. Having kids and just aging changes that for us. If your happy where you are and your comfortable in your own skin then thats where you should be. Sometimes we set goals that just are what we thought we wanted at the time but as time goes by we realize that goal can change into what we truly dream for. CONGRADS ON MAKING YOUR DREAM COME TRUE!!!
  • valeriebpdx
    valeriebpdx Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    A goal is just a number you made up. A lot of women get mixed up because they gain weight in their early 20s (happened to me, too) and think that because the last time they were skinny was when they were 19, they should weigh what they did when they were 19. To me, that is just ridiculous. 133 at 5'8" is pretty darn thin. I am an inch shorter than you and my goal is 135. Not saying my goal has to be everyone's goal, but your profile pic shows that you are clearly thin and fit. It is going to be a major struggle to get that low and you are edging toward an unhealthy BMI at 125. If you and your husband are both happy with how you look now, why undertake it? Just my two cents, but congrats on getting to where you are. I think you look great.
  • jsmjboertlein
    Options
    Thanks you guys for not being nasty to me. I think I'm light for my height tho too because I've never had a chest even at my heaviest I was 36aa, so that makes a difference too. my belly is sorta squishy still even with ab workouts, but I am def gonna take all your advice very seriously in making this decision.
  • JuniorTaitt
    JuniorTaitt Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Continue with your goal of 125 then incorporate strenghth training and muscle toning to get you back to 135.
    Your result - instead of just looking thin, you'll look thin and atheletic.
  • xlacijeanx
    xlacijeanx Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I say- don't lose anymore weight- maintain and tone- You look great and feel good! Thing I've noticed is I look smaller at this weight than I did when I was gaining and got to this weight, because of all the toning in my workouts. :)
  • Charrisse
    Charrisse Posts: 163
    Options
    Continue with your goal of 125 then incorporate strenghth training and muscle toning to get you back to 135.
    Your result - instead of just looking thin, you'll look thin and atheletic.

I like this, this is what Im trying to do right now. I just flexed in the mirror and was like, holy cow, my shoulders looks GOOD! Like corded and muscular!

Go this route and you wont be dissapointed :)
  • jsmjboertlein
    Options
    I'm gonna take ya'lls advice, cause I looked so toned in that pic just from keeping up with my 3 yr old with autism!