Help me with my impatience!

Options
Oh, my...

I've just recently put myself to the test, started Monday (I think it's going pretty well, save for the back strain from doing too many pushups and situps with my undevelopped back and ab muscles), and I can't get over the feeling of impatience. I've been impatient for many things in my life and stopped doing them or quit real easy. I think this is the farthest I've gone with weight loss and "dieting", as far as I know. If I get too impatient, I'm afraid I'll give up as well...

I don't like my body, I think it's disgusting and I have the feeling that people judge me when they look at me (bullying problems in the past...). I'm so impatient to getting all of this off, I keep daydreaming about how I (can) look like in the future...

Help?

Replies

• Punktorian
    Punktorian Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I don't even remember exactly what it was or who it was, someone from this site I think. Something along the lines of the time is going to pass regardless of whether you are working on losing the weight and becoming healthy. So you can work on it for a year and see the results in the end or become impatient and in that same year get nothing out of it. Try your best to be patient and do it in a healthy way, it is a lifestyle change in the end that is going to make the difference.
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    Sugar, you just have to concentrate on getting strong and healthy. Make that your focus and the weight loss will come. Everything worthwhile takes time.

You can do it! Just give your body the time it deserves to improve itself.
  • newdaydawning79
    newdaydawning79 Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    I'm with the above...and trust me, I can relate on the impatience! But as I've heard people say...it didn't come on in a day so it's not going to come off in a day either. You can do it!!
  • _LDM_
    _LDM_ Posts: 81
    Options
    Hahah! You sound just like me. I am super impatient and I keep thinking about the future me (assuming I finally stick with it). I know you're asking for help, but I'm pretty sure there's no help for people like us! Ha! Seriously though, you'll be fine! I really do understand the impatience aspect of this journey. We'll make it!
  • leviandgarettsmom
    Options
    Ditto here! Impatience has ALWAYS sabbotaged my weight loss/get healthy efforts. It's like, if I could just start seeing results then I would be even more motivated. So this time instead of focusing on the results that aren't happening fast enough =) I'm letting my faithfulness be my motivator. The more days that go by that I stick to my plan the more I want the next day to be the same. Keeping this food & exercise diary is also motivation. I may not be seeing physical results, but I see the results of my efforts on paper & that's almost as good! =) You can do this!!!