Longhorn on the Mission

Options
I'm a student and ex-model and gymnast. I went through some tragic situations in college that i hope no one here has to deal with, but from that gained weight from my previous fit body. I'm on a mission to redefine myself and hopefully be able to love myself. I feel that I physically hold myself back at times and I just want to appreciate what I have and retain my fit body I had only 2 years ago.

I can exercise fine and it's something I actually love to do. I love being outdoors, but suffering with PTSD, it's not always mentally easy. I really want help with this program to really stick to a food plan, eat foods that are good for me and which I love to eat.

I hope through this I'll feel like I have my life back and finish an amazing college experience knowing that I made it and that I'm strong enough!

I'd love friends to chat with! I have about 25 pounds to lose! Let's get it!

Replies

• _LDM_
    _LDM_ Posts: 81
    Options
    Hi! Can I assume you live in Austin since you've referred to yourself as a "Longhorn"? I live in Austin and am on the same mission! - even though I'm not a Longhorn :tongue: I've only been involved with MyFitnessPal for about a month now, but so far I've found it VERY helpful. My diet is low carb and if you want to check out my Food Diary and/or just want a buddy on here, add me as a friend!
  • kimcat73
    kimcat73 Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry you had a rough time, college is supposed to be the best time of your life. Here's to making the rest of it so much better! You'll love it here, welcome! If you need anything, feel free to ask! Kim

Oh, and I used to live in Austin, it's a great city and I still have some friends there. Can't wait to visit again!
  • Dawnsiebugg
    Dawnsiebugg Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I am your neighbor in San Antonio. I just joined this week. Welcome! Feel free to add me as a friend. Inspiration is great!