weight help after eating or drinking water?

Options
Whenever i eat my belly expands ---- is this something that will go away in time with exercise and weight training? I am 5'8" and 125lbs and have been that way for the last few years. However, whenever I eat anything (or even drink a lot of water!) my belly expands which is embarrassing, especially when I am in a bathing suit.

Is this something that will go away after doing cardio and strength training on a regular basis? I just feel so silly to ask anyone in person.....

Replies

• bathori
    bathori Posts: 33
    Options
    You are very thin for your height and the bloating your are experiencing could be due to the amount of food you eat at one time, or simply a reaction to the foods you are eating. If you brace your abs do you find you still have a distended stomach?
  • maryloo2011
    maryloo2011 Posts: 446
    Options
    I don't eat a ton of food in one sitting - for instance, I just ate a packet of oatmeal and drank 24oz of water and now my stomach is expanded. When I brace my abs it does go down to just the pooch on my lower stomach - so do you think I just need to build up my ab muscles?