BWL Smurfettes and Papa Smurf 10/16

Options
Good Morning everyone,

We dont chat as much as we used to. Come on people I need to hear how my team is doing. It makes me feel more enthused to get out and do this. I know that most of us that get on this thread everyday get our weights in to Amy. But there are so many out there that dont. I also know that everyone should be doing this for themselves but it gets hard when we work so hard for our team and then only half of use get our weights in. We lost 9.5 lbs this and I know that is better than nothing but we did wonderful last week. Im not trying to be mean but I just want us to do better as a team. Everyone has bad weeks. That is going to happen but we need you guys.

Ok, enough of that rant. LOL :love: ... I still love each and everyone on here.

Today is my Zumba day. I will probably work out in the gym first so a big calorie burn for me today. I got my jazz tennis shoes earlier in the week so it will be the first time ever wearing them. I hope I do ok tonight. I have a shoulde roast and some carrots and potatoes cooking in the crockpot that will be so good when I get home today.

Good Luck everyone and have a smurfy day.

Connie

Replies

• connieq288
    connieq288 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    Good Morning everyone,

We dont chat as much as we used to. Come on people I need to hear how my team is doing. It makes me feel more enthused to get out and do this. I know that most of us that get on this thread everyday get our weights in to Amy. But there are so many out there that dont. I also know that everyone should be doing this for themselves but it gets hard when we work so hard for our team and then only half of use get our weights in. We lost 9.5 lbs this and I know that is better than nothing but we did wonderful last week. Im not trying to be mean but I just want us to do better as a team. Everyone has bad weeks. That is going to happen but we need you guys.

Ok, enough of that rant. LOL :love: ... I still love each and everyone on here.

Today is my Zumba day. I will probably work out in the gym first so a big calorie burn for me today. I got my jazz tennis shoes earlier in the week so it will be the first time ever wearing them. I hope I do ok tonight. I have a shoulde roast and some carrots and potatoes cooking in the crockpot that will be so good when I get home today.

Good Luck everyone and have a smurfy day.

Connie
  • Sunibc22
    Sunibc22 Posts: 330
    Options
    Good Morning Connie and the rest of the Smurfs out there,

It would be nice if some more people had the time to leave some messages here and add some support and comradeship. I do realize however alot of people work long hours and have busy families and really don't have time to spend on this site. It's probably tough enough for them to even get their weight in each week but they want to be held accountable and feel this contest will do that for them. It would really help us as a team in the competition though if everyone could get their weight in. I was really surprised how few people got them to Pdxmomof2 this week!

Oh well, not much can be done about it.

On another note I am still back on the band wagon and following my plan again. Like I said yesterday I have some making up to do for last week!

Talk to you all soon,
    Shauna:flowerforyou:
  • connieq288
    Options
    We are all doing great. Even one pound lost is one pound so that is great that we are still losing.

Connie
  • Benson
    Benson Posts: 444
    Options
    I don't post much, however I think I will start! You folks are very encouraging and I think I need you!! I am a blue smurfette and although I have lost a pound here and there, I have gained in between so my net loss is staying lower than i would like. My weekend was tough - stupid pumpkin pie!!

You are all doing great. I am going to re-dedicate as of now and today I will:

eat properly
    drink 6 waters
    move for 30 mins.

Even this will be tough but I will do it! I left home today at 7a.m. and will get home about 9:30 tonight - Its a busy life but I try to remind myself that it will be easier if I am in better shape!!
    I really find it tough the older I get (51 next month)so you youngins' are wise to beat the bulge now!

Here's to us and our health!!

Heather
  • Sunibc22
    Options
    Glad to see you had time to post today Benson. I know how busy everyone is. We are all here for support!

I am going to do a personal challenge this week and update you guys as to how it goes. It will probably bore you but if I feel I have to update you guys I'll be more accountable!

1.) Drink all my water 8 cups every day!
    2.) Stay within my calories!
    3.) Get to the gym 5 times for 1 hour each!
    4.) Take my dogs for at least 2 long walks....min 45 min.

Ok. So I'm going to count today as Day 1. I'm going to the gym at noon with a friend....already well on my way with my water. Calories are ok today so far.

Wish me luck!
  • connieq288
    Options
    Glad to see you Heather. I know that everyone is busy. I am glad to see that you are trying and I am sure that you can accomplish your goals. It is hard to keep this up when you have such a busy life. I dont work but I do stay pretty busy between 3 kids and cub scouts, guitar lessons, coming up on basketball they are wanting to play. I have a field day this weekend and camping next weekend with they cubscouts. Good Luck everyone

Connie
  • Benson
    Options
    Connie with a sched like that you wouldnt have time to work!! I only worked part time when the kids were young but now I am making up for it. My husband was off for 20 months so I picked up a second job. I have since let it go because I want to devote the time to being healthy and getting my life on track. And also I was totally burned out from doing 58-60 hours a week!! He started a new job on the 2nd of Sept so hopefully my cutting back won't have a huge impact.
    Tomorrow I plan to get up early and do a 20 min video before the kids get up and start their morning scrap!! I swear if they're awake - they're fighting! I love my teenagers. I love my teenagers. I love my teenagers.!!!! I am also going to adopt one of your goals Shauna and walk my dogs!
    24 lbs already Connie - WOW Great job

Talk later

Heather
  • gmpearse
    gmpearse Posts: 136
    Options
    Hey out there. Where is Jeff?

I have been wondering how you did on your exam?!?

Pumkin Pie is my personal enemy. We seem to have a love hate relationship. I love the taste but hate what it does to my hips.:sad: I am proud of everyone and how hard everyone works. Just hearing about someone working out for 20 minutes before all their other responsibilities of the day encourages me that it can be done. Keep up the good work smurfs!
  • Sunibc22
    Options
    Ok, end of day 1 for my personal challenge. Under my calories by 15. check. Went to the gym for 1 hour. check. 8 glasses of water in. check.
    Now I just need to go to the gym 4 more times in 6 days, walk my dogs twice, and continue my water and calorie control for 6 more days. I can do it!!! lol :bigsmile:
  • connieq288
    Options
    Wtg Suni... You can do it.
    I wonder how Jeff did on his exam also. I am sure he did great.

Connie
  • punka274
    punka274 Posts: 895
    Options
    Good morning, how is everybody in the smurf villiage today?:wink:

I fell off the wagon wednesday night and continued to get run over yesturday.....my DH wants to go out to eat this evening, The only thing I can do is workout and hope it all doesn't effect the scale. I will try to choose diet friendly foods this evening too. With that said, I will be doing a 45 min powerwalk on the tread mill and some abb work today!

Congrats Connie on your weightloss

way to go Suni....Awesome!

Welcome all new memebers or new posters.

Hey to everybody:smile: Have a great friday everybody:happy:
  • Benson
    Options
    Morning all. I didn't get to do my 20 min this am so I am bummed. Day one and I blew it!! Kept within my cals and walked a bit yesterday though. I'm not giving up!

Today I will:
    Do the Leslie Sansome walking video for 20 min
    Do the elliptical for 15 min
    Drink 6 waters
    eat properly
    Walk the dogs.

I am finding i am vulnerable to whatever is in the house to eat somedays so to help me I am going to get back to making healthy meal plans and shop for only those ingredients. This worked really well in the beginning and really eliminates the need to grab a quick bite on the run (between kids activities etc) or ordering pizza. It makes the grocery bill higher but the out of pocket expenses lower. I.E. can't pay $2 for a head of lettuce but can grab a bag of chips at the convenience store for $3!!
  • may_marie
    may_marie Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    hello all !!

so im back from holiday !! we had a good time,, weather was great..
    i totaly went beserck on the eating though,, not a worry in the world .. i eated all i wanted

came back yesterday to get a phone call from mom to tell me my grand dad had passed away..
    so for a whole week i was oblivious that my family was burying my granddad ... they decided not to call me and let me have a great holiday,, now i feel like *kitten* because i was not there with them ..

anyways ... hard times but i have to go on with the right thing and eat right and work out..
    hopefully i have not made too much damage with my weight,,

hope yous all had a great week..
    glad to be back !!
    may
  • Benson
    Options
    Welcome back I am truly sorry for your loss. It is never easy. Good luck to you on the weekend and I'm sure you will get back on track

Heather
  • punka274
    punka274 Posts: 895
    Options
    ((((((May_Marie))))) I just wanted to send some hugs your way, im so sorry to hear about the passing of your grandfater.
  • Sunibc22
    Options
    How's it going today team?

So sorry for your loss May Marie. Oue thoughts are with you.

I need some suggestions.....I have a heck of a time frinking all my water during the colder months of the year. I much prefer a hot cup of tea to a bottle of water. Do any of you have any suggestions of what I can drink that is hot and still count for my water intake for the day? I was thinking hot lemon water but I don't think that sounds all that good. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

• may_marie
    may_marie Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    suni -- what about hot water with a bit of lemon ?

im just back from the gym,, it was good to keep this off my mind ..
    nothing like a good workout !!
  • connieq288
    Options
    Im sorry for loss May.

Suni... surely one cup of tea a day wouldnt kill you if you dont put any extra sugar in it. Unless you are like me and try not to drink any caffeine what so ever.

I just got back from the gym. I really didnt want to go today because I was tired but I did and I felt better while I was there. I have to remember how I feel afterwards if there is day where I just dont want to go.

Connie
  • Sunibc22
    Options
    I know one cup of tea won't hurt. But all I want to do all day is drink hot beverages. I have a hard time drinking cold or luke warm water instead. I sometimes drink both and run to the bathroom all day...lol. I was just hoping someone had some suggestions to replace my water with.