Help me rate my success this week.

Options
OK, so for Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday, I worked out, did cardio and weights each day. I stuck hard to my diet Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday. Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday I dieted all the way up until dinner. Wednesday dinner was my cheat meal for the week. I had wings and fries with a diet soda. Thursday and Friday dinners were both Italian. Pasta/cheese type of dinners. Both around 820 calories. For Thursday and Friday I was over my total calories.

Haven't checked my weight to see the numbers which are the ultimate tale.

How would you rate this kind of a week? I cut loose a lot more than I usually do, but it was an important week in which I had friends in from out of town.

Replies

• menchi
    menchi Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    It's kind of hard to judge without being able to also see what you ate in nutrition and also how your cal heavy days matched up with exercise days (I checked, your diary isn't public). For example, today I am just 50 Cal shy of using all my cals-- dinner was 936 Cal and I burned about 330 Cal in various cardio exercise. I'd say today for me was a pretty good day (enough vitamins and minerals, maxed out proteins instead of carbs, had plenty of water, feel good about my workout) except I need to watch my sodium. On an active day where I workout, this is pretty normal. On a day when I skip the workout, I eat less (or try at any rate). I'm losing fairly steadily at about 3/4 lb per week. I think big meals are fine as long as you pair it with a good workout that day. And being a little over calories is not a big deal... as long as you aren't over by more than your deficit (your should be listed on the MY HOME tab under Goals). If you are over by exactly your deficit (mine is 430 Cal) then you haven't lost any that day; BUT you also haven't GAINED any either. For me, that's good enough for once in a while.
  • CelticWarrior
    Options
    You really should stay away from the fried foods, I weighed 330 pounds and ate almost fried food everyday ! when I started my diet I stayed away from pasta, fried stuff, the weight just melted away. I love to eat pasta, but pasta is bad for ya. But there is a solution and it's called spaghetti squash, you can bake it or microwave it scrape it out and looks just like spaghetti. throw some sauce on it with some italian turkey sausage or turkey meatballs and you turn 700-800 calorie dish into 350-400 calorie dish .

As for rating your week, everyone has not so great weeks, not so bad weeks, the key is to keep moving forward and keep trying to achieve your goal.