cardio help!

Options
I find cardio super boring and therefore hard to stick with....much prefer circuit training as can encourage myself with the idea of its only 1 more set of 15! Any tips for how to get through a cardio session?

Replies

• dizzydes24
    Options
    I find cardio boring as well but I recently joined a new gym, National Fitness Center and they have a cardio movie theatre room. That has been helping me!
  • Amandac6772
    Amandac6772 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    It may just be me but I find I burn more calories with circuit training than cardio. Don't know if you are working out at home or going to the gym but JIllian Michaels 30 Day Shred or on the more expensive end Chalean Extreme is a good mix of cardio and strength training. For a fun cardio workout TUrbo FIre is GREAT.
  • Kate_UK
    Kate_UK Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    Try cardio circuit training! Jillian Michaels has a great cardio circuit dvd called Banish fat boost metabolism. I love it!
  • mckeeat
    mckeeat Posts: 1
    Options
    Do u listen to Pandora, Iphone, Itunes. That way u can listen to music that u like that will help pass time and keep u pumped :smile:
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    What sort of cardio are you doing? Is it on a machine - could you watch TV or listen to music while you work? Or is it during a class? I love dancing and can manage to burn oodles of calories and hardly notice the tie go by as I'm having so much fun!
  • sunshine79
    sunshine79 Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    How about just going for a brisk walk. Great exercise and not as repetitive as running on the treadmill.:smile:
  • louiseei
    louiseei Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    You need to find something you enjoy.
    What about swimming, or a class like boxercise or zumba? If it's fun rather than a chore you'll be more likely to stick with it.