Chef Salad and calories

Options
I went out for lunch with hubby and we go to this little home town resturaunt and I ordered a Chef Salad. It was HUGE! I bet it was probably 3 1/2 cups worth- the closest calorie count I could come up with is around 280 not counting the dressing. I added my own dressing and didn't use the whole thing. Does this sound right?

Replies

• clewliss
    clewliss Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    I went out for lunch with hubby and we go to this little home town resturaunt and I ordered a Chef Salad. It was HUGE! I bet it was probably 3 1/2 cups worth- the closest calorie count I could come up with is around 280 not counting the dressing. I added my own dressing and didn't use the whole thing. Does this sound right?
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    Was there cheese and bacon? If so, it might be even more.
  • clewliss
    clewliss Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Was there cheese and bacon? If so, it might be even more.

shredded cheese, but no bacon. Just pieces of turkey and ham (not enough to really count)
  • carak2000
    Options
    If you can remember all the components of the salad, I would just enter each ingredient separately and guestimate amounts and the dressing. That would probably be the most accurate.
  • allaboutme
    allaboutme Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    it does, it is amazing how few calories there are in greens, I odn't know what you used for dressing so can't comment on that. The ham and turkey are normally quite low in calories(so depends on how much they gave you). I have entered the ingredients from my favorite salads and and named them in My Meals calorie counter, so I only have to do it once :)