Why do we puke when exercising?

Options
Kate_UK
Kate_UK Posts: 1,299 Member
Sorry in advance if this subject grosses you out. I know this is probably a stupid question. I puked doing Jillian Michaels No more trouble zones this morning. I've completed this work out lots and lots of times and never even felt sick before. But today, completely out of no where, I'm ill before I even feel nauseous. I always associated puking with really intense cardio (not that I've ever gotten to that point). I didn't do anything different this morning, I had my coffee and yogurt for breakfast, waited a little while for them to go down then began the work out. I was about 2/3rds of the way through when it happened. I took a minute out and then carried on and completed it, but still felt nauseous on and off right to the end. I just wondered why it would happdn when its a workout I'm used to?

Replies

• Vicky14174
    Vicky14174 Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    if you are over heated it will cause you to puke. are you drinking enough water???? could you be pregnant is the next question?
  • Kate_UK
    Kate_UK Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    if you are over heated it will cause you to puke. are you drinking enough water???? could you be pregnant is the next question?

Its not really warm here yet, I don't tend to drink during JM's work outs - no time to stop but I always make up for that afterwards. I'm definitely not pregnant lol I just had TOM..
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    Overhydration, dehydration, too much food in stomach, adranaline spikes; just a few things I've read. I've done it too. I don't worry about it too much, usually barfing is our bodies way of removing something it doesn't want.
  • wildon883r
    wildon883r Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Back in high school the first day of two a day football training usually caused me to barf ;). I attribute it to being hot, under conditioned as it only ever occurred during the first practice of they year and i was in extremely good physical condition at that time. Kinda like blowing the carbon out of an old car that had been sitting for awhile lol.
  • pontprennau
    pontprennau Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I don't see it as anything to worry about. I find it happens to me when I've slightly overdone it and I'd assume it'd the bodys way of saying "your doing something I'm not sure how to handle" so assumes it needs to clear something out?
  • jmathews
    jmathews Posts: 196
    Options
    It happens to me when my heart rate gets too high.
  • ninpiggy
    ninpiggy Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    This happened to me when I exercised too soon after eating and also from drinking too much water during cardio