Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

The ever shrinking box. Visualize

This post is inspired by "Ways to visualize your success" by mikeyrp. (I loved his butter slab analogy). Anyway, I am wondering if anyone ever has done the following:
Get a large container (basket, box, crate whatever) and fill it with bottled water (or food cans, or anything that can be easily removed and has a weight already labeled on it). You fill your container with as much weight as you want to lose (or think need to lose).
Next try to lift it up to give you a sense how much extra weight your bones and muscles are currently supporting.
Next be sure to place it somewhere where it can serve as a daily visual reminder (the kItchen? bathroom? the couch where we like to snack while we watch TV?) I have mine in the kitchen filled with 2 liter water bottles (around 4.4 pounds each) beside the fridge:)
As you begin your weightloss/fitness journey, every 2 weeks or month, remove as much of the weight (cans or whatever you are using) as you have lost. Then try to lift it again and feel how much lighter it has gotten (or how stronger you have become:)
I find this a very useful visual tool to remind me (and maybe even my family around me) how much progress I am making.
Just imagine the moment the container is finally empty. Be sure to place in a "place of honor" to remind yourself of those times when it was still full.
(FYI: My crate now has 5 fewer bottles in, is much easier to lift, but still has 10 to go:). LIfe is good.

Replies

• paulettac
    paulettac Posts: 101
    What a great idea! Congrats on your weight loss!
  • sfcop311
    sfcop311 Posts: 21
    Over the winter I was having trouble carrying a 40lbs bag of pellets up stairs This bag was heavy and hard to carry. Then I realized that I am carrying around that much extra weight everyday... I need to lose a big 40 lbs bag of pellets:sad: ... I am going to try your basket idea. Thanks