Eating Disorder .

Options
Hey, I'm new here and another thing that is kinda new to me, is that professionals says I have an eating disorder.
It's hard for me to cope with it. But anyhow.
I would appreciate if someone else in here was in the same situation and i would gladly talk : )
- Bianca 18

Replies

• absie107
    absie107 Posts: 290
    Options
    what kind of ED do you have?

i've never been anorexic or bulimic, but i have a major issue with binge eating and compulsive overeating to deal with my feelings and self-worth. I've always wanted to overeat, even if I eat so much it makes me sick.

I'm totally open to discussing this stuff. It's hard to deal with - but know that you are not alone.
  • chelsealovesu012
    Options
    Heyy,
    I might just be in the same situation as you but it's hard to tell. Maybe it's just my denial, and maybe that's a sign that I do have a disorder but like as of right now I have noo idea how to know fersherr.
  • DancingYogini
    Options
    Hi! Welcome :smile: I have control issues with food, and exercise. I often have disordered thinking about food, some days are fine, others not so much. Add me if you want :flowerforyou:
  • LOVEsummer
    LOVEsummer Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    There are so many strong people on this site who are dedicated to recovery and I suggest a quick search of the forums using "eating disorder" and you will get lots of threads. Congrats on reaching out, it is a tough struggle but asking for help is huge <3 best of luck and keep that support net around you!!
  • bitty1taz
    bitty1taz Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I have more of a can't stop eating problem. I've never been able to restrict to the extream.
    As long as you are aware of it and just make sure you eat the calories you are supposed to and exercise you should be good. Plus talking to people about it helps too.
    Good luck!
  • canadadry
    Options
    Hi there,
    I'm sorry you are struggling with this "label". You may just fit into that category of risk factors, your age, relationship to food, and your body image, and professionals see that right away. Lots of women grapple with negative thoughts, controlling behaviors, and insecurity. It's also natural as we become adult women (18-24) to try different things to see what works to maintain or change our appearance. However, you definitely want to take an honest inventory of your behaviors involving food and ask yourself if there is a bigger issue that you might need support with. Its ok to ask for help, just as some of us need support, encouragement and understanding while we change our lifestyle habits, some of us will need those same elements to support our mental well being. Let us know how you are doing!
  • BiancaNayomi
    Options
    what kind of ED do you have?

i've never been anorexic or bulimic, but i have a major issue with binge eating and compulsive overeating to deal with my feelings and self-worth. I've always wanted to overeat, even if I eat so much it makes me sick.

I'm totally open to discussing this stuff. It's hard to deal with - but know that you are not alone.

-
    I really don't know what i have. Sometimes i feel im just normal. Everything is normal. But then it hits me, i don't know what's normal anymore.
    Ahw, im so sorry, binge/compulsive eating is really awful "/ It's just like that, we use food metaphoric for feelings .

I am very aware that i'm not alone. There are so many with an ED, scary many. And we all become as robots, with the same feelings, mentality, habbits and so on, with no control.
  • BiancaNayomi
    Options
    ugh, how the hell do you answer in here.
    i'll answer some of you personal .
    But thank you all for kind words <3
  • BiancaNayomi
    Options
    Heyy,
    I might just be in the same situation as you but it's hard to tell. Maybe it's just my denial, and maybe that's a sign that I do have a disorder but like as of right now I have noo idea how to know fersherr.

Hei : )
    It IS hard to tell, since there are no recipes. It's always very personal and involves deep feelings.
    But, if you feel this takes over your life, then you have a problem.
    That you considering it, might be your first step?
  • lipshulc
    lipshulc Posts: 2
    Options
    You are so not alone. To the both of you. I have the same thoughts and feelings. I think I am in denial, partly because I know I am not anorexic or bulimic, but I use food for self-harm. I feel unhappy to I somehow feel like it won't matter I am so far gone already. Often I binge when I can't settle down to a task. It feels so comforting at the time, but is a deep hole that is hell to get out of. For me, the worst food to stop over eating is cereal and milk; granola bars with chocolate on them, or chocolate itself. I started a horrible habit that I cannot seem to stop of buying a lot of either of those things (knowing that I should not, but telling myself I can because they help me get things done. I don't purge my food, but I sometimes chew it to get the flavor and then spit it out so I don’t get the calories. I know it horrible in so many ways, but I still seem to do it every now and then. Especially when I feeling overwhelmed which is often. Sometimes I feel like I have no will power and that feels awful. Reading these bogs and sticking to this program I hope will be the start of something new for my physical and mental health. At this point I am really ready for a change. I started a new job, moved out of my parent’s house and in with my boyfriend. I have had some trouble adjusting to a full time job, cooking for myself, which is not really happening and have managed to gain 12 pounds and am determined to loose it. Please share your love, support, and ideas, as I will mine. This seems to be very powerful for me. Thank you:)
  • lipshulc
    lipshulc Posts: 2
    Options
    You are so not alone. To the both of you. I have the same thoughts and feelings. I think I am in denial, partly because I know I am not anorexic or bulimic, but I use food for self-harm. I feel unhappy to I somehow feel like it won't matter I am so far gone already. Often I binge when I can't settle down to a task. It feels so comforting at the time, but is a deep hole that is hell to get out of. For me, the worst food to stop over eating is cereal and milk; granola bars with chocolate on them, or chocolate itself. I started a horrible habit that I cannot seem to stop of buying a lot of either of those things (knowing that I should not, but telling myself I can because they help me get things done. I don't purge my food, but I sometimes chew it to get the flavor and then spit it out so I don’t get the calories. I know it horrible in so many ways, but I still seem to do it every now and then. Especially when I feeling overwhelmed which is often. Sometimes I feel like I have no will power and that feels awful. Reading these bogs and sticking to this program I hope will be the start of something new for my physical and mental health. At this point I am really ready for a change. I started a new job, moved out of my parent’s house and in with my boyfriend. I have had some trouble adjusting to a full time job, cooking for myself, which is not really happening and have managed to gain 12 pounds and am determined to loose it. Please share your love, support, and ideas, as I will mine. This seems to be very powerful for me. Thank you:)
  • BiancaNayomi
    Options

Thank you for sharing this with us : )
    You know, binge eating is also an ED, which so many forgets. Haha! When i'm having my binge days, i plan out what to eat and wich day, i have some special food i crave and must have! And it's scary that you do exactly what i've been thinking about, like why the hell do i eat all this? It doesn't make me happy or anything, so why can't i just chew and spit it out? And then know i will try it out when i finally live alone. Then i see the whole scene inside my head and how morbid it really is.

Oh wow! I'm so glad to hear that you try to make it better and are doing some changes! It's a good thing to do, change the pattern. I've heard that getting a hobby is smart, just have something to do that takes away the constant thoughts about all this.

I wish you luck and hope to hear from you gradually : )