my computer wont let me do chit chat!

Options
catysthename
catysthename Posts: 278 Member
Sooooo I'll post here! I need some feedback!
Someone posted something about tattoos and it made me think of the one i wanted: a dream catcher with the world as the web. and dangling from the world is a live beating heart. You can't make the heart beat on your skin, but you get the point. With feathers as the other danglies from the web.
Represents the tangled web we weave in life and how we're all so connected by the heart and the feathers represents how many times we fly and soar to new and better things at different times in our lives. I'd also have the heart dangling a little lower than the feathers to represent how heavy live weighs on the heart.

What do you think? Any better ideas? Either to add onto it or something new?!

Replies

• stevemcknight
    stevemcknight Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    I do actually like the idea - but don't do it!!! You're so young and tatoo's are forever! Who knows what you'll be into in 15 or 30 years!
  • xerinx2011
    xerinx2011 Posts: 222
    Options
    Make sure its what you want firstly. I have 7 tattoo and have my next one planned for next month. The 1st one i had done i hate now!!

I do like the idea however tho so just make sure you are certain hun!!
  • AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    Are you even Native American? If not consider something Native to your ancestory.
  • catysthename
    Options
    Are you even Native American? If not consider something Native to your ancestory.

I'm not full blooded but it's either a fourth or more.
  • bkelley32148
    bkelley32148 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    ok so if you really want the tattoo and since they are permanent... a henna one is a good idea to "try on" the permanent one for a few weeks to see what you think. I have three permanent ones and love all of them but the meanings behind each are what drives mine. Just an idea. : )
  • catysthename
    Options
    ok so if you really want the tattoo and since they are permanent... a henna one is a good idea to "try on" the permanent one for a few weeks to see what you think. I have three permanent ones and love all of them but the meanings behind each are what drives mine. Just an idea. : )

Thanks! I don't know where your from, but where do you even get the henna ones? I love the meaning behind that one because it applies to my life pretty well. And i came up with it myself awhile back just never knew where i'd get it etc.
  • bethikabob
    bethikabob Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I agree with some previous posts. I have 3, but I designed one myself. Live with the idea for a couple of months to be sure it's what you want. Also think about placement because visible tattoos can be an issue in the workplace. Oh and cost...depending on how large and colorful you want it. My first tattoo took 2 sittings (7hrs total) and was just over $600, I love it dearly because of what it means for me and where I was at that time in my life. Good luck and I think it's a wonderful idea with great meaning :)
  • catysthename
    Options
    I agree with some previous posts. I have 3, but I designed one myself. Live with the idea for a couple of months to be sure it's what you want. Also think about placement because visible tattoos can be an issue in the workplace. Oh and cost...depending on how large and colorful you want it. My first tattoo took 2 sittings (7hrs total) and was just over $600, I love it dearly because of what it means for me and where I was at that time in my life. Good luck and I think it's a wonderful idea with great meaning :)

Thanks :D I was thinking side or something... still dunno yet.
  • bethikabob
    bethikabob Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Oh and another thing about positioning is if you're considering having children in the future--I've seen some pretty nasty looking stretched out tats on women post pregnancy (or really stupid ones--pink script "*kitten* you" across a pregnant womans stomach smh)
  • catysthename
    Options
    Oh and another thing about positioning is if you're considering having children in the future--I've seen some pretty nasty looking stretched out tats on women post pregnancy (or really stupid ones--pink script "*kitten* you" across a pregnant womans stomach smh)

Hmm....down the back maybe? Could have it trail into my butt. Dunno...hard tat to place isn't it. lol