The change in me.

Well before I started this new change in my life. I feel like I really wasn't me. I just was around. Not caring, sharing, and loving myself enough.

I have been working out for 2 years next month. The first year and a few months I worked out and didn't watch what I ate. I would work out for 1 to 2 hours 5 x's a week. And nothing I didn't lose Sh&@. Then in Jan this year I thought what if i logged everything I did eat and see what was keeping me from losing the pounds.

So I started logging every little thing that I ate. Boy did I get a rude awakening. I was eating around 3400-3600 calories a day. ( later learning that I was eating 1 lb a day) So I just was maintaining and not knowing it. I finally found MFP and was logging everything and learning how to live my life for the first time. I learned that I could control everything like just plainly eating healthier.

So now the new me. I have lost a total of 50 lbs and I feel great.

I am still learning new things almost everyday from MFP. But I do realize that it all starts with me.

I have fallen off the wagon and chewed myself out and just got back into the game. I know I can do this. I have a little over 30 lbs to lose to get to my goal. But I now know that I can achieve anything. So this is the new me always changing daily and enjoying my life so much better for it.

Me

Replies

• melissa73
    melissa73 Posts: 368
    Well before I started this new change in my life. I feel like I really wasn't me. I just was around. Not caring, sharing, and loving myself enough.

I have been working out for 2 years next month. The first year and a few months I worked out and didn't watch what I ate. I would work out for 1 to 2 hours 5 x's a week. And nothing I didn't lose Sh&@. Then in Jan this year I thought what if i logged everything I did eat and see what was keeping me from losing the pounds.

So I started logging every little thing that I ate. Boy did I get a rude awakening. I was eating around 3400-3600 calories a day. ( later learning that I was eating 1 lb a day) So I just was maintaining and not knowing it. I finally found MFP and was logging everything and learning how to live my life for the first time. I learned that I could control everything like just plainly eating healthier.

So now the new me. I have lost a total of 50 lbs and I feel great.

I am still learning new things almost everyday from MFP. But I do realize that it all starts with me.

I have fallen off the wagon and chewed myself out and just got back into the game. I know I can do this. I have a little over 30 lbs to lose to get to my goal. But I now know that I can achieve anything. So this is the new me always changing daily and enjoying my life so much better for it.

Me
  • Fab140
    Fab140 Posts: 1,976 Member
    congrats.jpg

Finding yourself is the most rewarding part of this all. And I'm very happy for you!!
  • Jackie_W
    Jackie_W Posts: 1,676 Member
    WELL DONE !!! :bigsmile:
  • Ezzie
    Ezzie Posts: 665 Member
    Yeah...way to go. Your pictures are awesome, love the fact that they have dates.

You are an inspiration.....so pleased that your back.

Thank's for sharing your story...it really helps those of us who are still in the early parts of our journey.
  • mellymlk
    mellymlk Posts: 187
    That's awesome and truly inspirational. It's amazing how much we eat when we actually log it. You would never think it. Keeping track is awesome. Plus you may want to snack but then be like I don't wanna log it so you skip the snack : )

AWESOME JOB!
  • nightangelstars
    nightangelstars Posts: 337 Member
    Wow. That's awesome, good for you! :flowerforyou:
  • sheyna
    sheyna Posts: 9
    Great job!
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    :yawn: bumpin to read when I'm not half asleep:yawn:
  • gazellegirl
    gazellegirl Posts: 82 Member
    :drinker:
    Congrats to you, you are doing awesome. Keep up the good work, you are so correct, this whole process is a journey, It pays to stop along the way and appreciate how far youv'e come. Thank you for sharing.:happy:
  • DjBliss05
    DjBliss05 Posts: 682
    Thanks for posting! It sounds like you are doing a fabulous job!

I started at 231 and about 6 months later I am at 223. I am also having a slow start! It is really encouraging to see someone with a very similar story doing so well. I cannot wait to be out of the 200s! Congrats! :drinker:

Sometimes it really feels like I will never get there. I am happy to see that it is possible to move forward.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!