ok, I think I am finally ready for this....

Options
Recently a single, not filed for divorce yet, mom. Actually not so recent. He left July 31st of last year so now I am finally hitting the realization that we just can't work it out. Which Means... time for a new me. No more wishing for him to "wisen up", no more planning for a future that includes him, no more waiting for him to come home, or stop spending money or..... ladadada.

Now it is time for me. First things first, I have to lose weight, get fit, get active. My kids have suffered with all the sadness in our household and so I am trying hard to turn that around. Last night we went skating, I joined a volleyball team(yes i can actually do that, even at 208 lbs) hahahaha Joined Myfitnesspal.com this week and have been under my eating goals. yay! Yesterday i bought a new couch and got delivered, today cleaning the house so there is plenty of room for zumba Wii. I will make a change for the good and maybe, just maybe someday a fitting prince will come my way. Hahahah ok, I bet that made you chuckle. Have a great day everyone!!!!!

Replies

• SoldierDad
    SoldierDad Posts: 1,602
    Options
    Recently a single, not filed for divorce yet, mom. Actually not so recent. He left July 31st of last year so now I am finally hitting the realization that we just can't work it out. Which Means... time for a new me. No more wishing for him to "wisen up", no more planning for a future that includes him, no more waiting for him to come home, or stop spending money or..... ladadada.

Now it is time for me. First things first, I have to lose weight, get fit, get active. My kids have suffered with all the sadness in our household and so I am trying hard to turn that around. Last night we went skating, I joined a volleyball team(yes i can actually do that, even at 208 lbs) hahahaha Joined Myfitnesspal.com this week and have been under my eating goals. yay! Yesterday i bought a new couch and got delivered, today cleaning the house so there is plenty of room for zumba Wii. I will make a change for the good and maybe, just maybe someday a fitting prince will come my way. Hahahah ok, I bet that made you chuckle. Have a great day everyone!!!!!

God bless you my friend! Divorce is so very very hard. But I have faith in you. You can do this. You are an amazing woman an I only see success for you!!
  • mrs_schultz2012
    mrs_schultz2012 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry to hear about your rough time! I'm only 23 so haven't been married yet, but my parents did get divorced when I was in high school so I saw how much it affected everyone. I wish you the best of luck on your goals and am so happy to hear you are doing this for yourself! :)
  • kris1085
    kris1085 Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    Great Job on joining the myfitnesspal ! You are going to love the zumba on the wii ! Zumba is so much fun ! I am sending you a friends request we can do this together !
  • amber_hanners
    amber_hanners Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    You go girl im sorta in a similar sitiuation although its something i have a hard time talking about but anyways i just recently realized i always worry about takin care of everyone else and not me but now its time for that change just for awhile the focus will be on me. I wish you well on your life changing journey feel free to add me if u want
  • wwagw72
    wwagw72 Posts: 45
    Options
    Thanks so much!!! I am glad I found this site. Stick in there yourself. We will get through it, hardest thing ever. However, when we are on the otherside, I am pretty sure we will be better for it. I am dreaming of one day thinking, "why didn't I do this along time ago"!!!!
  • wwagw72
    wwagw72 Posts: 45
    Options
    Thanks! My friend went to an actual Zumba class last week, so I am planning on joining her. Heard it is amazing! Already accepted the friends request.
  • MsWolfka
    MsWolfka Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain! I went threw the same thing 5 years ago, I wasn't sure how I would make it with out him. When he walked out, I thought that my life was over and I would never be happy again. Well let me tell you, it was the best thing he could of done for me! It took a while, but I finally realized how unhappy I was and what a drain he was on me emotionally and financially. I can just tell you, it will get better and you will look back and wonder why you stayed with him so long. Good luck with all the positive things you are doing for yourself and your children.
  • sherab69
    sherab69 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Going through a divorce myself. Its definatly the hardest thing I have ever gone through. You are definatly taking all the right steps to take care and focus on you! Welcome to MFP
  • tamanella
    tamanella Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP and good for you for doing something for yourself! If we don't take care of ourselves, than who will take care of our loved ones when we're gone?? That's what I have to remind myself! Feel free to add me as a friend if you'd like! Glad you're here!