Losing Inches, not weight?

Options
I measured myself after a week and a half of doing JMs new Ripped in 30. I lost 1" in the waist and 1/2 an inch in the hips. I can see definition in my belly that wasn't there before, and a pair of jeans that barely did up a week ago fits pretty well this week. But the scale...hasn't moved.

I see lots of posts on this, but I don't understand how or why it happens. Can I truly be gaining muscle at the same rate that I'm losing fat? I know we shouldn't obsess about the # on the scale, but it's hard not to. I have 8lbs to get to pre-preggo weight. It seems so close, and yet SO far!!

Replies

• paigemang♥
    Options
    I havent lost and lbs either and I am doing JM shred...the scale stays exactly the same, but my pants are fitting better and i can feel that there is less fat on my sides and belly. Your doing great!!!! Stay motivated. :happy:
  • caligirl86
    Options
    In my whole time doing 30 DS i stayed the same weight... WTF???? Then i realized.. I had lost almost 9 inches all over.. I'll take it.. It all caught up and the lbs. started coming off. I am 13 days to the end of Ripped.. Results good as well..
  • RichB77
    RichB77 Posts: 88
    Options
    I accept either as a continuing measure of my success! Sometimes i get both, but i don't stress as long as i'm getting results.
    Well done though :drinker:
  • lilime72
    lilime72 Posts: 1
    Options
    I have managed to lose 40 lbs by the end of last year and have found when this happens to intake a variety of healthy solutions. I started taking apple cider vinegar tablets after every meal and the scale caught up with my expectations. Don't get frustrated ~ instead flush your system. Use an all natural colon cleanse and/or diurectic to flush your system and the scale will catch up, I recommend Dr. Luckings Intestinal Cleanse. He also makes a kidney cleansing tea.
  • AmandaR910
    AmandaR910 Posts: 991
    Options
    Are you drinking a lot of water and watching your sodium? I always gain a little when I start a new workout program. I think it's fairly common.
  • MaKisMom
    MaKisMom Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I have managed to lose 40 lbs by the end of last year and have found when this happens to intake a variety of healthy solutions. I started taking apple cider vinegar tablets after every meal and the scale caught up with my expectations. Don't get frustrated ~ instead flush your system. Use an all natural colon cleanse and/or diurectic to flush your system and the scale will catch up, I recommend Dr. Luckings Intestinal Cleanse. He also makes a kidney cleansing tea.

I can't do a cleanse or anything like that because I'm breastfeeding my 3 month old. If I wasn't, though, I definitely would take that advice!
  • MaKisMom
    MaKisMom Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    In my whole time doing 30 DS i stayed the same weight... WTF???? Then i realized.. I had lost almost 9 inches all over.. I'll take it.. It all caught up and the lbs. started coming off. I am 13 days to the end of Ripped.. Results good as well..

Awesome!! I'd take 9" lost!! I keep hoping the scale will catch up to the loss. I've got 2 days left of Week 2. I'm doing each level 6 times. Was that what you did?
  • shreddingit
    shreddingit Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Losing inches usually means losing all that water weight, once you tap into ur fat ull see the scale move, you cant build muscle that quick.
  • slp2112
    slp2112 Posts: 107
    Options
    Important to remember that a pound of fat takes up three times the space as a pound of muscle does. So you may be replacing fat with muscle, but the muscle takes up a lot less space in your body, hence the lost inches but not seeing anything on the scale. This is why weight lifting/resistance training is so great - all your clothes start fitting so much better!

Good luck and keep up all the hard work :)
  • JuniorTaitt
    JuniorTaitt Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    This is common, i wouldn’t worry about it too much, progress by measurements are better than by scale.
    However, if you raise the intensity of your workouts and keep the calorie intake lower than calorie burn the weight will drop - guaranteed.
  • caligirl86
    Options

Awesome!! I'd take 9" lost!! I keep hoping the scale will catch up to the loss. I've got 2 days left of Week 2. I'm doing each level 6 times. Was that what you did?
    [/quote

No I am a freak... I have done it every day so 7 Xs a week.. I have started TurboFire so.. I stopped for 2 days to acclimate... So I do one inthe am and one in the pm.. Some times I feel a little psycho but its worth it when I see results..