What's your favorite P90X video?

Options
Athena413
Athena413 Posts: 1,709 Member
So I have all 12 of the P90X videos but I'm not following any of the plans he gives because I don't always have that much time, I don't own all of the necessary equipment, and I'm just not physically capable of that much yet. I did the Kenpo X video a few nights ago and LOVED it but I wanted to try a different one today

So...my question is....if you could only do 1 P90X video...which one would you pick??

Replies

• txsjhawk
    txsjhawk Posts: 25
    Options
    LOVE LOVE LOVE the Kenpo....can really torch some serious calories. Did I mention, I love it?:happy:
  • laddyboy
    laddyboy Posts: 1,565 Member
    Options
    That's a hard question because all are designed to work together. A good fitness plan includes eating right, resistance training and cardio. Sooo....with that in mind I would choose Plyometrics.
  • JAG1224
    JAG1224 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    core synergistics because it works multiple muscle groups and engages your core at the same time.
  • txsjhawk
    txsjhawk Posts: 25
    Options
    the cardio x is really good too
  • dawn454
    dawn454 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Kempo too! I;m following the lean program, but find the days I'm on Kempo I really don't mind doing it!
  • jaybaileys
    jaybaileys Posts: 317
    Options
    Shoulders and Arms!!!!!!!

You really don't need much equipment : a set of bands and a chin up bar. You cna get this stuff for under $100. Do you have the nutrition guide and P90X manual? The time thing is another story but I bet if you really try you can find an hour a day for yourself. Good luck!
  • ickybella
    ickybella Posts: 1,438 Member
    Options
    Ooh, this is tough. I love Core Synergistics if you want some cardio and to get a really buff back, but I am a huge fan of the weight-training workouts too. I love (I think it's) Chest and Back, or whichever it is that has you doing push-ups with your feet on a chair. I feel dead and buff at the end!
  • Ben2118
    Ben2118 Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Kenpo is great fun!!, I like all of them!!! lol....I suppose if I HAD to choose one it would be Plyometrics, mainly because it kicks my *kitten* every time I do it but I feel amazing by the end of it (just not the day after!).

It's a Love/Hate thing! lol

Ben.
  • hotcouponmama
    Options
    I like the core synergistics,too. But Cardio X and Yoga are great too. Just keep mixing it up--the whole theory behind it is muscle confusion.
  • dawn454
    dawn454 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Kenpo is great fun!!, I like all of them!!! lol....I suppose if I HAD to choose one it would be Plyometrics, mainly because it kicks my *kitten* every time I do it but I feel amazing by the end of it (just not the day after!).

It's a Love/Hate thing! lol

Ben.

Lol! That one is *kitten* kicking!
  • Stefani74
    Stefani74 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    PLYO!!! I LOVE IT!!
  • Becs25
    Becs25 Posts: 79
    Options
    My favorite is Kenpo but after that is Cardio because it is only 45 minutes and if you are short on time it is a great option. Another favorite of mine is Core because it works alot of the basics a girl is probably interested in and it feels like a good combo of cardio and strength. Good luck. I'm finishing my 3rd phase and will probably try to incorporate them somehow even when I'm done.
  • HealthyEscape
    Options
    I've only done 4 vids so far (Core Synergistics, Cardio X, Shoulders & Arms and Yoga X).

I would suggest Cardio X - its a bit of yoga, a bit of kenpo and a bit of plyometrics all rolled into 1 hour. Great work out! But, I also LOVED yoga x last night. It's 1.5 hrs so not sure if you have the time for that but MAN am I feeling it today!
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    The Shoulders & Arms workout is my favorite. I even typed out and laminated the routine in order to do it at the gym sometimes. Next in line would be Core Synergistics. Doing the whole program is very beneficial though. You wouldn't want a body that isn't balanced.
  • Athena413
    Options
    Thanks for all the replies....I understand that the whole concept is muscle confusion, but I'm just not physically capable of following the plan yet...I'm taking baby steps, but I'll get there.

Plyometrics sounds like fun, but getting air borne just doesn't happen yet...it's too hard on my knees still. I think I've done the Cardio X video before and remember liking it (if it's the same one). Maybe I'll try Core Synergistics or Cardio X today.
  • jaybaileys
    jaybaileys Posts: 317
    Options
    jrdoty,

Dont say you can't or you won't. You can modify almost every move in P90X. If you cant go airborne on some of the moves do them without jumping get as low as you can. If you cant do pushups, start on your knees. If you have trouble with pull ups use a chair. With the weights or bands lighten up on yours. Instead of doing 10 or 12 reps do 6-8. Dont do the bonus rounds in the cardio stuff. Just do the first half of the yoga video. You can do it, you just have to go and do it . Come on give it a try, a real 90 day try. I promise if you are honest with yourself, use the diet plan, give it your all during the workouts, and get plenty of rest when you need to you will have success with this program.
  • ecp2698
    ecp2698 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Plyo!!
  • Stooooo
    Stooooo Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    Core Synergistics
  • reepobob
    reepobob Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    jrdoty,

Dont say you can't or you won't. You can modify almost every move in P90X. If you cant go airborne on some of the moves do them without jumping get as low as you can. If you cant do pushups, start on your knees. If you have trouble with pull ups use a chair. With the weights or bands lighten up on yours. Instead of doing 10 or 12 reps do 6-8. Dont do the bonus rounds in the cardio stuff. Just do the first half of the yoga video. You can do it, you just have to go and do it . Come on give it a try, a real 90 day try. I promise if you are honest with yourself, use the diet plan, give it your all during the workouts, and get plenty of rest when you need to you will have success with this program.

I agree...you can't pick and choose and expect to get great results...if this is simply an opinion thread, I would say I like Kenpo-X the best, but if I only had one DVD to try to stay in shape, I would go with Core Synergistics because it works about every major muscle group at the same time and also has enough body movement for it to have a cardio workout effect...if cardio wasn't the concern, I would say Legs and Back and Ab-Ripper-X because when I am done with that workout, I feel EVERY muscle the next day!!
  • Athena413
    Options
    Obviously I didn't explain myself very well. I'm not wanting to do the entire 90 day plan yet. Eventually, maybe, but not yet. And yes, I can find an hour or so a day for myself, but the P90X videos are not the only thing that I'm doing. I do an hour of Zumba on Monday and Wednesday and 5K training on Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday...so the only other 2 days of the week I have available for anything else are Friday and Sunday....so I'm looking for something I can do on those days that I will enjoy as much as my Zumba and running. I really like the Kenpo X video, so that could take up one of those days, but was just curious as to what other one I might get a good solid workout from without having to sit down and watch every single video. I don't have a chin-up bar or resistance bands and I'm not planning on going out and buying them any time soon...I have other things that need to be paid for first....so obviously the videos that require equipment I'm not as interested in YET. Once I lose some of this weight and get through my 5K training and have a little extra spending money for some more equipment, maybe then I'll consider following the 90 day plan...until then, I was more or less just wanting reviews/opinions of the videos.