Finally getting serious

Paganmom17
Paganmom17 Posts: 2
edited September 25 in Introduce Yourself
My wake up call was this past Friday, when I went to the dr and I was back to 206. I wanted to cry. I new I had gained weight, but not that much.

2 years ago I started Herbalife and cut out all soda and got down to 175. I felt great, but stopped the herbalife because I just dont have time to make shakes in the mornings. I excersiced a litle, but never forced it.

This past weekend we joined a gym. I have been twice so far and feel great. The best news is my company will reimburse for gym memberships, so it will be free from my family once I get the payback. My sister invited me to myfitnesspal and I am please to see its not really my eating habits causing the problem. I just need to watch my snacking.

I wish each and every one of you the best of luck and look forward to the support we can all offer each other.

Replies

• FaithandFitness
    FaithandFitness Posts: 653 Member
    Welcome to the site, you can do what you set your mind to . . .there is a lot of good info on this site!
  • beachgirl667
    beachgirl667 Posts: 55 Member
    I have definately had my "wake up" call also! I am really serious this time, and everyone here is very supportive!! Good luck to you, I know u can do it:smile:
  • seaangel082
    seaangel082 Posts: 6 Member
    For me, just being able to see what i am eating really helps. Its kinda depressing to know your favorate meal from olive garden "lunch time, not dinner" is worth all the calories you need during the whole day, and that is drinking water! Makes me consider eating out less. Also, when working out for five mintues about kills you, somthing needs to change!
  • fthat sucks! i didn't realize you had gained the weight back after all that work and i know you were feeling great. but it sneaks up on you. snacking is my big problem too but my whole life is going to change monday when doug goes back to work and i have to get on an early schedule. i will no longer be able to stay up watching tv all night snacking.
    that is great that your work will reimburse you for the gym and for the whole family? awesome! is anyone going to the gym with you?
    thanks for turning me on to this sight. i am at my highest 225, i am really swollen this morning. i said to doug, 'should i take my water pills so i can be 3 lbs less?' it was a joke. but i don't know about my scale because last week i was 221 and after the water pills (because i've been really swollen) and went down to 218 so i don't really know what i weigh. 225 is the highest this scale has ever said but at the doctor 2 weeks ago i was 219 so i'm at least 220. either way, this weight needs to go. and i know you will do well. love you!
This discussion has been closed.