another low carb member

Options
Hi all! I started MFP about a month ago with very limited weight loss sticking to the whole 1200 cal / low fat diet. I have been doing New Atkins for a week now with a 3 pound weight loss and no cheating! I am still having headaches from the sugar withdrawal, ugh. I am looking for other low carb members to share advice and ideas. Right now I'm doing pretty good with dinners and lunches (leftover dinner, easy!) but really need some ideas for snacking and getting over my sugar cravings.

Looking forward to meeting some new friends!

Nicole

Replies

• bkelley32148
    bkelley32148 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    my friend at work turned me on to these amazing smoothies that you can get from dietdirect.com. They arent expensive and are like 70 calories 2 carbs and 15 grams of protein. i had a berry one earlier and am still pretty full. Another helpful idea is either Isopure Zero protein (GNC or Vitamine World) or Walmart has a low carb protein powder that when mixed with a little bit of dry protein powder and like poweraid zero are pretty tasty.
  • living_4_me
    Options
    I was there. I did low carb dieting in the past for about 6 months. I had to stop b/c my hair started to fall out in big pieces and my body was covered in bruises. Slow and steady wins the race .... I will never do low low carb again!
  • henderson2000
    Options
    I agree with living_4_me, nothing like a balanced diet, if you eat the right carbs (whole grains, veggies, some fruits like berries and kiwi, etc.) combined with lean protein the weight will come off soon enough. I've done Atkins too, so I know what you're going through, if you decide to stick with it, the cravings will go away soon.