Xbox 360 Kinect

Options
Hey all! :smile:

I just bought an Xbox 360 Elite and I am wondering how well the kinect works, as far as exercise goes? Also are there any games you like for the kinect? Do they have any fitness games?

Replies

• isaiahxoxoender
    Options
    I play Kinect Sports and it feels like a really good heart pumping workout! I love it.
  • AngelsKisses75
    AngelsKisses75 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    We tried 'Michael Jackson The Experience' at Best Buy a few days a go. When we get the money I think we may get the Kinect and 'Michael Jackson The Experience', and Zumba! I have heard some pretty good things about both of those. :bigsmile:

If anything do it like we do and rent a few games to see what you think of them first. :drinker:
  • Ninjitsu
    Ninjitsu Posts: 163
    Options
    Ditto that.. and I LOVE Dance Central.

Working out was NEVER as fun when I was using the Wii.
  • kylakesgal
    kylakesgal Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    Hi, I also have an xbox and I bought the fitness evolved. It's a great workout for men or women as it challenges you everytime. This game even shows you the calories burned. There is a ton of workouts on there are even some fun games too that also burn calories. I know there is also dance workouts to for the kinect. It's a really good workout and you can have fun burning calories. Have fun with it:)
  • togden
    togden Posts: 324 Member
    Options

I LOVE DANCE CENTRAL TOO .... Im not too fond of Zumba (not enough rhythm) ... Also have biggest loser and enjoy that!
  • SortaBadass
    SortaBadass Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I'll second that I love Dance Central. It's really fun and there is a feature that tracks your calories based on your weight and how much you're moving. (Not sure how accurate it is, but the game still gets you moving.)
  • Rubie81
    Rubie81 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    I've heard nothing but good things about this. I want it so bad.
  • HealthierMamasita
    HealthierMamasita Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    I've heard awesome things about it. My mother in-law bought one for the girls but has yet to send it.:sad:
  • wkschuster
    wkschuster Posts: 144
    Options

I LOVE DANCE CENTRAL TOO .... Im not too fond of Zumba (not enough rhythm) ... Also have biggest loser and enjoy that!

I LOVE my kinect. Don't think the Zumba game for xbox has anything to do with rhythm. It was one of the first games we got and I didn't like it.....Its no where near as responsive as the other kinect games. See so you may be a rhythmic genius :) I mean you will get your work out doing the zumba game but there are games that are much more fun. I highly recommend dance central! the Kinect sports is good to. It won't tell you how many calories you burned though....but you will work up a sweat :) (my favorite is the boxing, my husband said he never knew I had such a mean uppercut :) lol
  • goldiej
    goldiej Posts: 2
    Options
    The Kinect is amazing! We have "Your Shape" and quite like it. Lots of different excercise options. We will probably get " Zumba" as well.
  • Becky1971
    Becky1971 Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    I LOVE the Kinect!! I love not having to deal with controllers and remotes, and it picks up everything, so there are no glitches, no getting stuck and having to repeatedly do the move to get the system to pick it up. I love playing Dance Central, but I'm eagerly waiting upon Zumba to come into my husbands video game store.
  • Becky1971
    Options

I LOVE my kinect. Don't think the Zumba game for xbox has anything to do with rhythm. It was one of the first games we got and I didn't like it.....Its no where near as responsive as the other kinect games. See so you may be a rhythmic genius :) I mean you will get your work out doing the zumba game but there are games that are much more fun. I highly recommend dance central! the Kinect sports is good to. It won't tell you how many calories you burned though....but you will work up a sweat :) (my favorite is the boxing, my husband said he never knew I had such a mean uppercut :) lol

Have you tried Wii Zumba? I am quite impressed with it on Wii, as opposed to other games and exercise games I have used on Wii, so I have been anxious to get it on Kinect, thinking it could only be better and no remote at all? I was just curious.
  • biggiwig
    biggiwig Posts: 76
    Options
    I play "Your Shape". Its like going to a gym class. You mainly tone your body and lose a lot of calories in the cardio workouts. I do this since christmas and I still love it so much. You can also download more programms with an U-Play Account.

I also have "Biggest loser" and "Dance Central" but "Your Shape" is my absolut favorite to work out with.
  • mjpet
    mjpet Posts: 16
    Options
    I love the kinect we own your shape, and sports and both are great. the sports my kids love to compete against each other. we also play bowling on there too. i haven't tried biggest looser but have seen it and am thinking about it. as for zumba my son downloaded a trial version and unfortunately i found out i have no rhythm. but other wise its good. :smile:
  • spicymimi2001
    Options
    I LOVE Dance Central... that is where i dance all the time... i just knocked out 45 mins of it... KILLED IT!!!
  • Becky1971
    Options
    I love the kinect we own your shape, and sports and both are great. the sports my kids love to compete against each other. we also play bowling on there too. i haven't tried biggest looser but have seen it and am thinking about it. as for zumba my son downloaded a trial version and unfortunately i found out i have no rhythm. but other wise its good. :smile:

I'm really horrible, not cordinated, and no rhythm. But I have been doing Wii Zumba for a month, and it's getting better! :) I just have so much fun with it, and I get to be a lone in my exercise room to do it, so I can just enjoy it and not care how I do.
  • Nucleartiger
    Nucleartiger Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    The Kinect is amazing. I have Dance Central (love it and it will make you sweat), Adventures (comes with the kinect the kids love it), and Your Shape.

Your Shape is pretty good. There are some movements that the sensor doesn't quite pick up but I tell you one thing that game will have you breathing hard and sweating . It has a "fitness test" that basically puts you through a lower body toning exercise tutorial that had my legs burning and me breathing hard.

Dance Central is so much fun that you burn an hour dancing to the music without even realizing it. I definitely recommend the Kinect and those 2 games.
  • mjpet
    mjpet Posts: 16
    Options
    I was wondering if anybody has tried or owns "biggest looser" game? i tried the demo and it didn't seem too bad. I do like your shape also. Was wanting some feedback before i bought the game. Thank you
  • jleegirl
    jleegirl Posts: 44
    Options
    Dance Central is great and has a workout mode that counts calories- super fun. I also like the EA Sports workout game. They set you up with a 9 week personal trainer workout and it's a different workout everyday. It will really make you sweat! I also like the Your Shape game mostly the cardio boxing and the gym games. Yeah, kinect has lots of fun fitness games have a great time!
  • Sara7Taylor
    Sara7Taylor Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Wow! These games all sound Amazing! :)