Miracle noodles?

Options
Has anyone heard any negatives about these? They almost seem too good to be true :(

Replies

• staciekins
    staciekins Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    bump
  • color_me_skinny
    Options
    ive never heard of them before
  • color_me_skinny
    Options
    ive never heard of them before
  • kristakayklein
    Options
    Wow... just looked at the website!!! Really ZERO calories and ZERO carbs?!!! How?! Someone PLEASE fill us in! If they are safe and healthy I'm IN!!!
  • ej_xo
    ej_xo Posts: 75
    Options
    I've had them! I love them!
    No negatives from my Point of view.

BUMP
  • cookiejones
    cookiejones Posts: 104
    Options
    ah. they're zero carb noodles made from the konyaku root. They taste delicious, and are very versatile, and are about 25 calories a cup. Craziness...Basically all insoluble fiber.

4039213.png
  • Kirstie_C26
    Kirstie_C26 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    bump...caught my interest lol
  • color_me_skinny
    Options
    Where do you find them at?
  • cookiejones
    Options
    I get 'em at my local asian store. Use them for pad thai and soups a couple times a week.

4039213.png
  • marm1962
    marm1962 Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    I'm going to look for it in the stores, but here is a website if anyone is interested......has recipes too.

http://www.konjacfoods.com/product/2.htm
  • HelenTheKitchen
    Options
    I wish I liked these noodles, but I just can't stand the texture. Try them, fingers crossed that you'll be one of the lucky one's that think they are yummy.
  • color_me_skinny
    Options
    I get 'em at my local asian store. Use them for pad thai and soups a couple times a week.

4039213.png
    hmm. I live in a tiny town with no asian store. if wal mart dont have it, i cant have it. lol
  • cookiejones
    Options
    I like them, but I grew up on a lot of Asian food...I find them really good. It's true though, they are an acquired taste.
  • DancingYogini
    Options
    They sell Shiratake noodles at Whole Foods BTW! I would think sauteeing them with some Braggs Aminos(like soy sauce) and tossing in some veggies like snow peas and red peppers would be awesome. I love Asian food!!
  • staciekins
    staciekins Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Just so you know, you can order tem at http://www.miraclenoodle.com/
  • dailyorange
    dailyorange Posts: 128
    Options
    Hi! I've purchased shirataki noodles from my local asian market. They do smell when you take them out of the package. I usually rinse them a few times under hot water. The texture of these noodles are not your standard pasta noodles. They have a jelly texture. If you've ever tried jelly fish, it's sort of like that. There is no taste at all so you must add sauces like soy sauce, oyster sauce, pasta sauce etc.

My favorite thing to do is to is to make a stir fry. First I take the noodles and have them sit in a pan for a few minutes so that the water evaporates. I then add some soy sauce, oyster sauce, sesame oil, scrambled eggs, vegetables and chicken. Mix it all together and plate it. Quick and easy!